𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽 - 𝙻𝙾𝙽𝙶 𝙳𝙸𝚂𝚃𝙰𝙽𝚃

It was the next day and Rick, Daryl, Hershel and Faith had all gone to some old warehouse where Rick would meet with the Governor to negotiate. Nobody wanted to go to war and Rick was hoping to change the Governor's mind about attacking them.

During the car ride, Faith couldn't get the moment from the day before out of her head. Her and Daryl almost kissed. It wasn't a small thing. It was a big moment. She didn't know what was holding Daryl back but she regretted not leaning in and sealing the deal.

Faith sighed as she got out of the car and her eyes instantly connected with Daryl's. He just cleared his throat and turned away. Rick got out of the car and he and Daryl had a little look around the place to make sure it was safe. Rick ended up going into the warehouse where the Governor was but he seemed to be alone. He didn't have any men waiting outside.

"I don't see any cars." Hershel said.

"It don't feel right." Daryl said, crossbow in hand.

"Maybe they're hiding. Watching from a distance." Faith signed, making Daryl nod.

"Could be a possibility." Daryl said before a truck came driving towards them and Daryl held his crossbow up as well as Faith with her bow and arrow. Hershel stayed sat in the car.

The car stopped and three people got out of the car, one of them being Andrea. She went inside to see the Governor, not knowing that he was already there. Faith's eyes widened when she looked at one of the two men. One of the men was Milton and the other was Caesar Martinez.

"Oh my God, Faith? Is that you?" Martinez asked. Faith smiled and waved at Martinez before going over to him and hugging him tight. "How are you? God, it's been years."

"I'm good. I can't believe you're here." Faith signed as Milton, Daryl and Hershel watched on in confusion.

"You know this son of a bitch?" Daryl asked Faith, making her turn around.

"We used to date in high school. We dated for a couple of years, actually." Faith signed, making Daryl's heart burn a little. He was definitely jealous. What if Faith wanted to be with Martinez? What if she started liking him again? Daryl did tell Faith to move on so why did he have such a problem?

"Her brother was a pain in my ass." Martinez said. "Always walking in on us, threatening me. Where is he now?" Faith just sighed and looked down, telling Martinez everything he needed to know. "Oh, I'm sorry."

"Why'd you break up?" Daryl asked.

"We went to different colleges and long distance didn't work out." Faith signed, making Daryl nod. He was still kinda jealous. He didn't like that Faith and Martinez were on good terms. He would've felt better if they despised each other. He knew it was petty but it was just how he felt.

It went silent for the little while. Faith went back over to stand with Daryl and Hershel by the car. Rick and the Governor had been talking for a while and nobody knew what to do. Hershel wanted to go inside but Milton said the Governor wanted to talk to Rick privately.

"Who the hell are you?" Daryl asked Milton.

"Milton Mamet." He replied.

"Great, he brought his butler." Daryl said, making everyone chuckle, even Martinez.

"I'm his advisor." Milton said.

"What kind of advice?" Daryl asked.

"Planning, biters." Milton said as he wrote on a notepad. "You know, I'm sorry. I don't feel like I need to explain myself to the henchmen."

"You better watch your mouth, sunshine." Daryl said.

"Look, if you and I are gonna be out here pointing guns at each other all day, do me a favour, shut your mouth." Martinez said to Daryl, making him get in his face. Daryl already didn't like Martinez for being with the Governor and for dating Faith but that didn't mean he got to run his mouth whenever he wanted. Faith sighed and pulled Daryl away.

"We don't need this. If all goes south in there, we'll all be at each other's throats soon enough." Hershel said. Daryl stood down and Faith looked at Martinez.

"Can we talk?" She signed to him. Martinez nodded and left with Faith so they could talk in private. Daryl felt his chest burning with jealously. What could they possibly need to talk about? "You're one of the Governor's men, right? Can't you convince him to stand down? To not go to war with us?"

"I can't, Faith. I just work for him. Once he makes a decision, he doesn't change his mind." Martinez said. "I didn't even know you were with this group or I would have tried to prevent this war as soon as it started. You know that."

"I know. This war is just so unnecessary." Faith signed, making Martinez chuckle.

"You're still the same. You never liked violence or fighting. You would always stop me from beating up the jocks whenever they would hit on you." Martinez said, making Faith chuckle under her breath.

"Because it was unnecessary. Why fight when you could talk it out?" Faith signed.

"That was one of the reasons why I fell for you. You were so and still are cool, calm and collected. You never like people getting hurt." Martinez said, making Faith smile.

"I was just being me." Faith signed.

"You look just as beautiful as you did in high school." Martinez said, making Faith blush a little. Just as Martinez said that sentence, Daryl had heard it. He was listening from behind the wall. He was wondering what was taking so long and hoped that Martinez hadn't hurt Faith so he went to check but he wasn't expecting to hear that. He peeped his head over the wall and saw Faith blushing, making his heart sink. He shouldn't be upset. He was the one that told Faith to move on so why was he still bothered?

Daryl's eyes widened when he saw Martinez lean down to kiss Faith. He wanted to do something, anything to stop it from happening but he was frozen in his spot. He just couldn't move. Luckily, Daryl didn't have to do anything because Faith stopped Martinez by placing her fingers on his lips, blocking the kiss. Daryl had never felt more relieved in his life.

"Oh....I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking there." Martinez said, obviously embarrassed as he scratched the back of his neck.

"It's okay. Just don't do that again. I'm not looking to be with anyone right now and anyways, you're with the Governor. It would never work out. We suck at long distance, remember?" Faith signed, making Martinez laugh and nod.

"We should probably get back before they all get suspicious." Martinez said, giving Daryl his cue to quickly go back before he got caught.

" Martinez said, giving Daryl his cue to quickly go back before he got caught