𝒗. lindsey and katie

CHAPTER FIVE: LINDSEY AND KATIE !

3x12
━━━━━━

     THE TEAM HAD SHOWED UP AT CHULA VISTA, CALIFORNIA  AFTER GAINING INFORMATION THAT A TEENAGE GIRL WAS BRUTALLY MURDERED AND THAT ANOTHER ONE WAS MISSING. The girls were best friends. The team had already visited the crime scene and the parents of the two girls wanted to see who the girl was.

Mr. and Mrs. Owen had discovered — due to the very last message that was sent to them — that their daughter was the one that was brutally murdered. Jack Vaughn, the father of the girl that was missing, knew that his daughter was still alive and Casey always noticed the neutral look on his face and the way he wasn't panicking. His daughter was the only thing he had left, she found out. Perhaps he was numb to this pain since he lost his wife.

Casey had been ordered by Hotch to go with Rossi, Morgan and Reid down to Vaughn's house and search his home to try and discover who Lindsey was as a teenager.

      This girl had been missing for twenty-four hours now and she had found nothing about this girl. Based off of her bedroom, which didn't even look like a teenager's bedroom, Casey found nothing. It was all bland and neutral colored walls.

Rossi, Morgan, Reid and Casey were currently looking through Lindsey's room. "What happened to Lindsey's mother?" Rossi asked. Jack and his pal, Pat Mannan had stood at the doorway. "Does it matter?" Pat questioned.

"It does to Lindsey," Casey spoke. "I mean, she was her mother."
"It's called victimology," Reid states. "It helps us understand more about Lindsey."

"How?" Jack asks and Morgan chimes in, "How she carries herself. How she interacts socially with others."

"She's just like any other 15-year-old." Jack states. "No, she's not," Casey shook her head. "I'm sorry?" Jack questions. "I'm just saying, I was fifteen and focusing on my future career and school. By the way it looks around here, it doesn't much about Lindsey. The walls, no magazines. It doesn't even feel like a teenager lives here." Casey lists out.

"Everything in our house is an externalization of ourselves." Reid follows. "Miss Willows is right,  this room isn't what you'd expect of a teenage girl. No JT posters. No framed pictures. No journals, no cuddly toys. Willows, was your room like this when you were fifteen?" Morgan asks.

"Nope, I was pretty messy and I was never this neat. No JT posters, but I had an *NSYNC poster back in the day." Casey told. "Backstreet Boys, New Kids On The Block, you name it."