Chapter 19

"Wanda you owe me 120, I own Marvin Gardens." Clint held out his hand as Wanda grudgingly handed him an 100 and a 20.

"You're lucky I'm not cheating and moving the dice where I want them." She grumbled, not enjoying the fact that her pile of money was decreasing from Clint's several properties.

"Alright Y/n, your turn." Sam announced. Wanda handed her the pair of dice.

"I swear to god Sam, if I land on your boardwalk-"

"You'll have to pay up that's what." Sam snickered, watching her roll the dice around in her hand.

Y/n took another quick glance towards Bucky, something she had found herself frequently doing throughout the evening. She knew from the start he didn't exactly want to be there, and would have rather stayed cozied up in his own room alone. Despite that, he seemed to be enjoying the game as the night progressed. He even started becoming more competitive, especially after Sam managed to trade in his houses for a couple hotels.

Y/n threw the dice onto the board. "Seven."

She counted under her breath as she moved seven spaces, letting out a relieved sigh after landing on her own property.

"You know what?" Y/n narrowed her eyes, a grin spreading across her lips. "Pass me three houses."

"Getting bolder I see." Pietro chuckled, placing Y/n's colorful Monopoly money in the bank.

"I need to step up my game." She shrugged. "I'm done saving up all my funds."

She sat back and took a sip of the margarita Wanda had made for her. She tossed Bucky the dice and grinned slyly. "Your turn Barnes."

He felt his cheeks grow pink at her staring, holding her hand out for him to take the dice.

"Right, sorry." He murmured, taking them from her. "I guess I gotta step up my game too."

Sam let out a laugh. "Buck, you've spent like, a third of your money throughout this whole game. What the hell are you saving up for?"

Bucky frowned. "Hey, this has always been my strategy. Just be patient." He let the dice tumble off his hand onto the board.

"Eleven."

"One, two, three, four, five..."

He paused as soon as he realized which square he was approaching. Y/n followed his gaze and snorted. "You gotta finish your move!"

"Six, seven.." He teasingly skipped over a square, earning a scold from Wanda. She flicked her hand and placed his figurine on go to jail square.

"Hey!"

"I know you were stalling." She giggled as Bucky grumbled and placed his figurine onto the jail square.

"I guess I have some time to kill while I wait three turns." Bucky chuckled, standing up. "I'll be right back."

They all collectively nodded and went on with the game.

"Wait Bucky you can roll each turn for a double-" Clint stopped when he realized that Bucky had left the living space completely.

"Wanda leaned over to Y/n, nearly tumbling into the game board as her tipsyness took over. "Y/n would you do me a favor and grab me some chips from the pantry."

"You got it." Y/n beamed, making her way to the massive pantry filled with mostly junk food, if it weren't for Sam and Clint who insisted on buying real food as well.

She ruffled through the box of different chips and pulled out a bag of plain Lays, Wanda's favorite. After making her way back to the group, Y/n noticed Bucky had yet to return to the game. She tossed Wanda the bag of chips, who gave her a cheerful "thank you" as she caught it.