Chapter 12

"Y/l/n, status?"

"We're located at the west wing entrance." Y/n spoke into the com on her wrist, Wanda giving her a confirming nod from behind. "Entering now."

"Understood." She heard Steve say at the other end.

"Y'know, you don't have to sound all hoity-toity all the time Cap." Tony barged into the coms. "I mean, professionalism doesn't exactly make it any more fun."

Y/n and Wanda had to stifle a laugh as they could practically hear Steve rolling his eyes.

"Just make sure we don't die Tony." He sighed.

Y/n cleared her throat and switched her focus back onto the task. She held up a 3..2..1 with her fingers to Wanda before kicking the iron door, sending it down with a loud bang.

They were both greeted on the other side by a series of guarding agents. They all jolted and snatched their firearms from their sides.

Before they could shoot, they were surrounded by a red, glowing energy before slamming straight onto the concrete floor.

Y/n smiled Wanda's way as they proceeded further into the facility. Their not-so-subtle entry had caused an eruption of agents flooding their way.

The agents were sloppy at their jobs, but there was a reason.

They were meant to be.

Y/n winced just thinking about her past. These agents were all on their own suicide mission. Their sole purpose was to create a distraction, an obstacle.

She took her frustration out on the incoming agents. Bashing their heads on the hollow, stone bricks, yanking their limbs out of place.

"Do you know where we're going." Wanda picked up her pace to match Y/n's.

"I was hoping you were the one who knew."
Y/n chuckled.

She held up her com to her mouth. "Steve, any luck?"

"I think Romanoff found something. I'll update as soon as we do." She heard him say.

The corridors were eerily familiar. Y/n couldn't help but wonder if it was the halls, or the mission itself that were causing the straining memories to cloud her thoughts.

An occasional agent would appear for either Wanda or Y/n to knock out. It soon became a competition between the two on who could take down the most.

"Aaanndd that's nineteen." Y/n grinned triumphantly.

"I remember when Sam and Rhodey did this on another mission." Wanda told Y/n as they hurried down the corridor. "At first I thought it was a stupid guy thing, but now I see how fun it is."

Y/n scoffed. "They couldn't never do it with class though. I picture them going overboard, especially Sam."

Bang

"That's twenty for me." Wanda laughed behind Y/n.

They continued until they reached a hazardous containment room. Y/n held a hand up to Wanda. "Wait here." She said in a low voice. Anything dangerous wouldn't affect Y/n as quickly as it would Wanda.

She crushed the keypad with her hand and slowly pushed the heavy door with her elbow. She took a whiff of the air, nodding to Wanda when it was clear.

She pushed the door open all the way when they heard a series of voices coming from a door on the other side of the room.

"Do you hear that?" Wanda whispered. Y/n nodded and gestured her to go on ahead.