Chapter 18

•••

(Okay I can tolerate a little bit of Jack slander only because I made him very bitchy  in this chapter but don't be too harsh on the boy

(Okay I can tolerate a little bit of Jack slander only because I made him very bitchy in this chapter but don't be too harsh on the boy.)

I fight the urge to bang my head against each lamp post I pass by on my walk home. God why am I so stupid! I could've said yes! Or requested to cook dinner instead.

But no!

My stupid fucking brain decided to lie to a human lie detector. And now he's probably at home thinking I'm only using him for sex or whatever.

Why does it have to be me? Couldn't the stalker decide to ruin someone else's fucking life. And all the memories have been crawling into my brain again ever since I went to the police station. I'm not one hundred percent sure he's back and I'm trying to convince myself he's not. But I just have this weird gut feeling.

I stomp up the steps to Penelope's apartment and unlock the door. It's late and I'm both tired and hungry which isn't the best combination.

I open the door and the first thing that catches my attention his the little fluffy animal sitting on the doormat and looking up at me with it's tongue out.

What.

"Uhm Penelope!" I call out closing the door behind me, "why is there a dog in the apartment?" I say calmly trying to hide the fact I'm freaking out on the inside.

She strolls out from the beaded curtains with a pink kimono wrapped around her body and a face mask with two cucumbers covering her eyes.

Fuck she's hungover isn't she?

Have I mentioned what happens when Penelope gets hungover? She gets this sudden motivation to do anything and everything. A few examples are rearranging the whole apartment, spending a whole day baking an unnecessary amount of pastries, getting roller skates, I mean the list goes on and on. But I'd never expect her to get a....dog.

I glance at the cute animal who's watching me with their big brown eyes and head slightly cocked to the side.

"Well I've realized that I'm rarely outside on walks so I needed something to motivate me and who doesn't love dogs right?" She explains.

"Uhm, our landlord!?" I say it like it's the most obvious thing in the world, which it is. There is a strict no pet policy in this building which means having a dog will either get us evicted or we'll have to pay a fine.

"Yeah well he doesn't have to know," she shrugs walking over to the little creature, "and little muffin won't tell anyone, right?" She says in a baby voice, cooing at the dog.