Chapter 19

•••

Recap: Ella is being stalked and she received a letter but the police wouldn't help her so she went to Aaron's house and also met Jack

The note found on ellas bed along with photographs in case you need to refresh your memory:
Dearest Angel,
I never stopped thinking about you. Thinking about how your warm blood would feel like smeared all over my hands, and those soft lips on mine.

I've watched you every day. Seeing your life slowly fall apart. What happened Ella? I thought you were more then just a cheap whore. Shows that you really are nothing without me.

You'll be hearing a lot from me again. This time not only through letters. I've missed you. We'll be together soon Angel, just like I promised.

———

Aaron Hotchner:
I look at the pictures that are neatly placed on the kitchen table in front of me. Then back up at Ella.

"That's a lot of...men," I observe. I didn't mean for it to come out in such a bitter tone. But the idea of her flirting with other men like she's doing on those photographs makes me feel...I don't know...weird.

"It's not what it looks like," she explains and I nod my head picking up one of the five pieces of pictures.

"I still don't understand, " I tell her looking at the photo in my hand. Ella's hand is on a random boy's chest and she's whispering something in his ear. His cheeks are slightly flushed and he's wearing a shocked expression. I'm assuming it's because of something she said since she has that small cocky little smirk playing on her lips that I love so much.

"Who took these pictures?" I ask.

I catch myself clenching my jaw so I put the photograph back down on the table forcing myself to not look at it any longer.

"That's the thing," she says, finally taking a seat down in front of me after pacing around my kitchen for the past minutes. "I don't know!"

"How'd you get them?" I ask.

"The envelope was left on my bed along with a note," she reaches for her purse beginning to dig for something, "I went to the police station to ask if they could reopen my case again but they refused." She rambles quickly handing me a crumpled piece of paper.

"Reopen your case?" I ask knitting my eyebrows together very confused.

"I have a stalker." She says.

My mouth falls slightly open at her words and I avert my eyes back to the photos. I don't know what I expected but it sure wasn't a stalker.

I'm shocked at first but then all the puzzle pieces starts to fall into place and realization hits me. All the signs are there. The sudden defensiveness whenever I'd ask about her personal life, the phone call, never letting me drive her home, carrying a gun, not wanting to go out, and so much more.