𝟎.

ˏˋ•⁀➷ ❆⚤✵ ˎˊ˗

ˏˋ•⁀➷ ❆⚤✵ ˎˊ˗

"𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 money? Your passport in case you wanna book a flight? A-"

"Thals, chill out! Do you need to be reminded that I'm the older one here?" Romeo asked with a quiet chuckle as the younger girl rolled her green eyes at him. "Lay off me a little, Thals...I can take care of myself. Have a little more faith in me, Soleil...I'm gonna be okay," Romeo rushed to assure the visibly anxious girl, who pursed her lips together as she shook her head slowly. 

"I just wanna...I have to make sure you're gonna be okay out there."

"I'm a big boy, Thals...I can take care of myself out there, trust me," Romeo insisted, extending his arms to her as Thalia dove into Romeo's embrace instantly, holding onto him tightly as Romeo gently rubbed Thalia's back, resting his chin on the shorter girl's shoulder. "With me and my Harley, I'm the best I've ever been. Trust me, Thals...this...this is gonna be good for me." 

"I admire you," she confessed shyly, "for taking control of your life again. Takes guts."

"Followed in your footsteps," Romeo replied flippantly, "we just have different ways of moving on." 

"You will come visit...won't you?" Thalia asked hopefully, Romeo immediately nodding vehemently to allow Thalia to rest easy, at least slightly easier. 

"This place'll always have a special place in my heart, it's my hometown. Where all my best memories are made, where all the best people I've met are from. You know...I didn't bring much with me, just a knapsack with...what...a few days' worth of clothes? My parents'll expect me back eventually...and I'll come back to see your stupid ass anyway," Romeo promised gently as Thalia smiled gratefully. "I love you...okay? A little distance isn't gonna change that, sis." 

Life certainly had its own magical way of throwing people together ─ though Romeo and Thalia weren't blood-related, Thalia was the closest thing Romeo had ever had to a sister. Being an only child, despite his good relationship with his parents (which was easily more than Thalia could say), there wasn't anything like having a sibling. Even if they weren't biological siblings, they were thicker than thieves ─ the beauty of shared trauma. 

"I know, bro," Thalia murmured playfully, still acknowledging him as her brother figure despite her initial reluctance to trust him when they'd first met, lightly slapping his shoulder as Romeo chuckled, neither one wanting to let go of the other. "I'm not gonna forget about you, you better not forget about me, dipshit," Thalia muttered quietly as Romeo laughed, nodding slowly, leaning his head closer to hers.