𝟏.

ˏˋ•⁀➷ ❆⚤✵ ˎˊ˗

ˏˋ•⁀➷ ❆⚤✵ ˎˊ˗

𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 Romeo's new lifestyle and he was getting pretty used to it. With just a leather knapsack, the clothes on his back and his trusty Harley Davidson, Romeo was pretty happy for someone who had what could've been seen as little to nothing. It wasn't like he'd lived a lavish life in the past but he'd definitely never done anything like this in the past.

He'd made plans to do this in the past, sure, but he'd never expect himself to actually be in this place ─ living life on the edge, no proper structure in his life, no steady source of income, just him and his motorbike in the search of freedom. Though he'd jokingly said he'd want to do this in the future, it was surreal to actually be doing it for he never thought he'd have the courage to leave behind everything he'd ever known.

After all, he'd never once ventured beyond the borders of Los Angeles, he'd never seen a reason to. He wasn't a free, wanderlust spirit like she was. He'd always been the one grounded in reality, the one who never understood the appeal of travel. That was, of course, until he needed a way to escape, a way out. Violet was always the one who wanted to get away, it wasn't ever him who wanted to go away.

'Where I'd be in five years' was Violet's favourite game to play. Even when they'd first met, Violet was fixated on the future. She loved the idea of a better world, a better life whilst he found himself easily content with what he had in the moment. After all, you never really knew what you had until you lost it all.

"Where would you be in five years?" Romeo inquired curiously once, staring at the green-eyed girl who laid sprawled across the checkered picnic blanket. She lay flat on her stomach, head propped up in her arms as the sun seemed to make those alluring green eyes of hers all the more dazzling.

"Hopefully on some deserted island," Violet quipped playfully. She came up with a different answer every time the two of them played this game, almost trying to live out every fantasy of hers in her head so she could find the perfect one for her when the time came. "Probably tanning on an island, a nice old margarita in hand. There'd be tequila for you, obviously...

"Hate to break it to you," Romeo retorted with a chuckle, "but I ain't got the cash to buy you a whole island, Vi. You're lucky if I can scrape together enough to buy us some apartment out here."

"I'd take my daddy's money and run away," Violet taunted playfully, purposefully calling Matteo Soleil by the turn he'd expressed hatred for, always insisting she and Thalia addressed him as Father or Dad. After his wife's passing, Matteo was a shell of his former self, left with a hardened heart and no love for his daughters.