Chapter 9

There is violence and torture in this and the following chapters. I personally do not think it is too graphic, but I will leave that up to you. I just wanted to warn you all.

"That's what he said." Tempest explained to Destiny.

"Well, that's that. We're breaking out tonight."

Tempest sighed. "I'm sorry Destiny, but I don't understand how you're going to get out of here."

"How we're getting out of here." The girl corrected. "Let me explain. Actually, I don't need to. Just roll with it. The next time those guards go by, we're getting out of here."

But the guards didn't come for a long time, and just rolling with the plan did not seem like a good strategy. This forced Tempest to pace back and forth in an agitated and dull manner. Even with the small hope of leaving, her mood had slipped into a sluggish network of despair and nervousness. Even if they could get out of the cells, how would they escape the mountain? She didn't have a map in her brain, but she knew enough about Ninjago to know there wasn't a village around for miles.

Tempest sighed, running her hand through the curls of her hair. She would just have to trust Destiny, despite her misgivings. The sound of voices filtered through the hallway, footsteps following with each word.

"Get ready." Came the sound of Destiny's voice.

Tempest moved against the left side of the wall, taking a deep breath as she waited. The two men passed slowly by her door, then a loud clanging sound echoed along the passage.

"Destiny?" Tempest asked, peeking out her cell door. She clutched the bars, tense as she waited for an answer. A girl came over to her door, a high ponytail of black hair, and blue and gray ninja robes.

"Tempest?" The girl said, shock in her voice.

Tempest backed up from the door. "Yes. How did you.."

"My name is actually Nya." The girl explained. "I didn't trust you at first, I guess we had the same thought process."

"Nya.." Tempest blinked, then the name clicked in her brain. "Nya! Kai's sister?"

She nodded. "Yes. It's a good thing we found each other."

"How," Tempest started, then stopped. "Nevermind. We need to leave."

The water ninja nodded. "Stand back." Once Tempest had, Nya spun and a blue tornado appeared around her. The cell door was slammed into, and it swung crazily open. When the glow of the tornado had dimmed, Nya waved to Tempest. "We need to go, now." Nya turned quickly, and Tempest followed. The hallways were virtually empty, which surprised Tempest  as they snuck down each one without much hindrance.

After five minutes of wandering, Tempest asked, "Do you know where you're going?"

Nya grimaced. "I would if this wasn't on me." She held up her wrist, a sleek black cuff clasped onto it. "I could probably sense the water in the pipes."

Tempest facepalmed. "So in other words, you have no idea which way to go?"

"No she doesn't." Said a voice from behind them. As Tempest turned, the voice snapped into her memory.

"Prodigy, let us go." She called. Prodigy was standing ten feet away, his arms crossed.

"Who is that?" Nya whispered.

Prodigy nodded to Nya. "My name is obviously Prodigy, and you both need to go back to your cells."

Nya clenched her fists. "Not a chance!"