Decay

You interwove your arm with Vincent's, following his movements cautiously. You couldn't help but question why Scott would be in such a secluded, creepy shack. Terrible thoughts of what you could find in there began filling your mind. As you continued to approach, your heart rate kicked up and your vision began to blur. Your thoughts were panicked and loud.

'Scott, please don't be dead.'

Vincent looked over at you as you walked, taking in your dread. He looked worried.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)?"

You gulped, nodding as you stood in front of the decaying structure.

"Yeah...I'm okay."

Vincent nodded, redirecting his attention to the door of the wooden building. Holes presented themselves in the decaying wood, the door barely on its hinges. Vincent slipped out of your grasp for a moment as he approached the door. He pushed it open with little to no strength, its weight looking to be the equivalent of a feather. It was dark inside, the only source of light being the slight rays of the sun that found themselves seeping in through the cracks in the structure. Vincent stared into the shack as you entered as if trying to keep his cool. The only thing in the shack was a table and a chair made out of oak, its surface being rough and jagged. If you had laid your hand on the table, you knew you'd definitely get a splinter. You examined the room, noticing nothing on the walls or on the table. You were able to leave until the rays of the sun hit some glass in the corner of the room, making the glass gleam. You approached that side of the room, bending down to see what could be in the corner. Upon closer inspection, you realized it was Scott's glasses. You lifted them gently in your hands, withholding a sniffle. You turned, Vincent still standing in the doorway.

"I found Scott's glasses."

You could barely see Vincent in the darkness of the room, unable to read his expression.

"Is that so?"

His voice seemed rough and husky.

"Yes."

You ran over to him, the glasses still in your hand. You grabbed his hand, looking sternly at his face.

"We have to find him, Vincent. He couldn't have gone far."

Vincent ran his fingers through his hair with his free hand, giving you a soft expression. He looked at the walls of the decrepit room, thinking of something that you would never know. After a few moments, his gaze landed back onto you.

"Alright. Let's go."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You searched the forest with Vincent for a while, the sun setting in the time you had been looking. Vincent told you it was best for you to go back home for now, given you wouldn't get anywhere in finding Scott in the dark. You agreed, your tired body finding its way back home, Vincent tagging along by your side like a dog. Jeremy used to do that.

As you approached the apartment complex, you found yourself feeling heavier, as the weight of today was finally taking its toll. You walked up the steps of the apartment, your hand holding onto the railing whilst the other still held Scott's glasses. It was comforting to know Vincent was behind you, for if you had passed out, you knew he would catch you. Even if he hated you, he would never let you fall by yourself. You reached the top step of the stairs, looking at Scott's door. Even though you weren't crying, you sniffled, sighing deeply as you approached his door. It was emotionally draining, hoping that you'd open the door and see him there, but it never happened. You were following a false hope every time you thought he might've returned home. You opened Scott's door slowly, entering the room and immediately falling onto the living room sofa. You passed out within seconds, the world around you falling apart in fragments.

Vincent stood in the doorway for a moment, watching as you drifted off to sleep. He smiled, closing the door slowly, allowing you your rest.