Chapter 9: Clayden

Author's Note #1: This Chapter is going to be longer then the last Chapter

Time Skip to May 24, 2024 also known as Claire's 16th birthday

Ayden's POV

I woke up with Claire's head on my chest and my arm wrapped around her I still remember how I fell in love with her it was right after she caught her ex-boyfriend Gavin and my ex-girlfriend Symonne kissing in Piper's room.

*Ayden's Flashback two years ago today*

I was watching a movie waiting for Claire's surprise party when I heard someone crying upstairs me being me I went upstairs and I followed the sound of crying it was coming from Claire's room I opened the door and I saw Claire was on her bed facing the far corner of the room in the fetal position crying I went over to her and sat down and saw she was holding a picture of her and Gavin

^^^^^The photo Claire is looking at^^^^^

"Hey Claire what's wrong" I asked "L-Look i-in P-Pi-Pipers r-room" Claire said crying so I got up and went into Piper's room and I saw Gavin and Symmone kissing "WHAT THE HECK" I yelled causing the whole entire squad who was here for Claire's birthday to come upstairs "Ayden this isn't what it looks like" Symomne said "YEAH RIGHT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU WERE KISSING MY BEST FRIEND WHO IS ALSO YOUR BEST FRIENDS BOYFRIEND SYMMONE I TRUSTED YOU AND GAVIN CLAIRE TRUSTED YOU HOW COULD YOU TWO JUST STAB ME AND CLAIRE IN THE BACK LIKE THIS AND ON HER BIRTHDAY WE ARE OVER AND GAVIN I KNOW CLAIRE WOULD SAY THE SAME THING" I yelled "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE NOW AND YOU BOTH ARE OUT OF THE SQUAD ALONG WITH EVERYONE WHO CAME WITH YOU GAVIN" Piper yelled "Why" Symmone asked "FOR HURTING MY COUSIN, MAKING AYDEN YELL WHEN HE NEVER YELLS AND FOR BETRAYING YOUR BEST FRIENDS AND THE SQUAD" Piper yelled "Fine we will just rejoin goatfam" Gavin said and grabbed Symmone's hand and walked out of the house "Okay let's not celebrate Claire's birthday today" I said "Why because she's in her room in the fetal position I think we need to wait until she is in a more stable mindset" I said "Okay" The Squad said and went downstairs I went back to Claire's room and hugged her "Hey it's okay they are gone now and out of the squad" I said and got up to leave when Claire grabbed my hand "Please stay I don't want to be alone" Claire said "Okay" I said and sat back down and let Claire cry on my shoulder until she fell asleep then I gently laid her down and covered her up I got up to leave "Don't go" Claire whispered "Okay" I said and laid next to her and she put her head on my shoulder and I put my arm around her that was the moment I realized that I never really loved Symmone I loved Claire "I love you Claire" I whispered in her ear when I was sure she was asleep "I love you to Ayden" Claire whispered which surprised me "Wait really" I asked "Yeah" Claire whispered "Wait your not asleep" I asked "Nope" Claire whispered "Okay well good night" I said "Good night" Claire said and we fell asleep like that.