Father's day part.2

ANDY'S POV
We were eating the cake on the sofa, both completely captivated by the beauty of the ultrasound I had in my hands. I had my head resting on his shoulder, while between a mouthful of cake and the other we talked about who was more like Luna, our little girl.

"Her eyes are very similar to yours"

"I want her to have your eyes"

"Your eyes are beautiful"

"But yours are more, blue like the ocean" we looked into each other eyes, smiling simply and saying nothing.

A contraction ruined the moment, leaving me breathless for a few seconds, it hurt and I didn't expect it.

"Everything good?" he asked worriedly, placing both plates with the cake on the table in front of us, noticing that something was wrong.

"Yes, all right" I leaned my back against the sofa, relaxing once his hands began to leave soothing strokes all over my bump.

"It's already the fourth today"

"Hey" I took his face in my hands, leaving a peck on his lips. "Everything is alright"

But everything wasn't going well because another contraction made room inside me, sooner than I expected. Having the contractions was annoying, but neither me nor him worried because it was normal, the gynecologist had warned us and we were calm.

"Love, what's going on?" this time he was truly worried, a level of concern I hadn't seen on his face in a long time.

"I don't know... I..." the little girl started kicking, but it was just kicks, nothing I hadn't already felt.

"It's been about ten minutes since the last contraction"

"I know... I" I was panicking, I didn't know what to say, do and think...

"Okay hey, stay calm, now let's see if another contraction occurs and how long it will take from this" I nodded, letting myself go into his arms because that was what I needed.

Silence fell between us, while I felt something inside me, like a bad feeling, but it was different.

After a few minutes he let go of my hand and thus stopped playing with my fingers to take the cell phone instead. Eleven minutes had already passed.

"Sammie and Shaun sent me a selfie in which they wish me Father's Day" I smiled, my heart practically melted at the sweet tone of his voice and the beautiful smile on his lips.

I didn't have time to answer that another contraction left me breathless due to the pain, stronger than the previous contraction.

"It's been almost 13 minutes, in my opinion it's time to go to the hospital"

"No... I... I don't know" if before I was going to panic now I was going there without a doubt.

We have been waiting for this day for so long, but now that it was finally here I had no idea what to do. I felt tears filling my eyes, my heart was beating faster than it should and if I didn't calm down the asthma attack wouldn't take long to come.

"I'm at the thirty-seven weeks, it could just be a false alarm" but the false alarm was not a false alarm because another contraction gave me proof and this time it was even more painful.

"Love look at me, the time has come, but you-"

"I'm not ready, I can't do it, I don't... help!" I was afraid.

"Andy listen to me, I'm here, we've been preparing for this moment for months, you can do it, I'm not leaving you alone. Got it?" I nodded, even though I wasn't entirely convinced of what he said, but at the same time, it was true, he was right. We spent months attending pre-birth courses, learning techniques that I didn't think could exist, we read books upon books, learning a lot about pregnancy, childbirth and the life of the newborn in the first 12 months of life.