I thought you loved me (Jacklyn)

BROOK'S POV
"You're not like everyone else, Brook"

"Why do you say this? You are the only one who thinks it" I had never, ever heard anyone say these words to me and now I couldn't understand why he really thought this about me.

"Because I think it" I closed my eyes because I couldn't cry at a time like this, it was just the least suitable time. What we were about to do would change our life.

When I saw him in the hallway of the school, something inside me went wild. What was it? This I just didn't know.

His green eyes were like magnets on my body, drawing me to him with unimaginable happiness. And then he always had tousled hair, a rebel tuft and that look so tired that it made me feel something for him that I couldn't quite understand. Then there was his laugh. Wow, his laugh was... wow. Whenever I heard his laugh, or his voice, or even just seeing his smile, I felt inside me, in my stomach, a crazy zoo of animals, suddenly a block was created in my throat and all of a sudden I couldn't speak, my hands were sweating and the only thing I could do was stand still, stare at his sweet, beautiful smile and smile.

It was not easy to get to the day when I understood what I was feeling, but in the end I made it. Day after day and especially talking about it with my family. My family knew about my sexual orientation and always supported me without any problems. Having them has always been an immense fortune. I owe so much to them.

I was afraid of the idea of ​​being in love with him, because I knew that I had nothing to do with him, we were totally different. I didn't want to suffer for love and so I decided to behave as always, pretending that he was nothing more than a student from the school I was attending. It wasn't easy at all. Pretending was something I had always hated and this was also one of the reasons for my coming out at the age of eleven.

Then everything changed, one night everything changed.

I didn't particularly like parties, but my brother was going there so I decided to go with him. It was one of those classic high school parties. Alcohol. Loud music. Boys. Girls in short dresses and miniskirts.

There was not much difference from those parties you see in the movies and the umpteenth similarity was given by the person who yelled "truth or dare".

I was thrown into the fray and eventually I found myself sitting in one of the four three-seater sofas that were there, squashed between four other people. Other boys were sitting on the ground, others were too drunk and ended up sleeping somewhere, still others were making out or having sex.

Everyone did their dares and told their truths and when my turn came, fear assaulted me. I found myself in a practically empty closet with only a few boxes scattered here and there; there was only a small dim light that allowed me to see all around me.

I was alone and the key turned in the lock, from the outside, did not help at all the state of panic towards which I was very close.

A short time later, perhaps not even a minute, which I perceived as an infinity of minutes, the door opened. I just needed to smell the scent to understand who it was.

He kissed me. For a moment I was confused, but in the end I let myself go to the kiss, melting on contact with his lips. It was my first kiss and no one knew it, knowing that he was my first meant everything. Then I realized why he kissed me. It was a dare.

The next few days he avoided me, but eventually, he told me the real reason.

"Do you have anything else to say?"

"Yes" he wiped away the single tear that was running down his cheek. "I want to tell you why I avoided you"

"I didn't have the courage to ask you"