Shoshannah Stern

"I don't think I ever allowed myself to hope or think about anything else than the step directly above the one we were standing on at the time." - Shoshannah Stern

Shoshannah (who played Eileen in Supernatural and also played Dr. Riley in Season 16 of Grey's Anatomy) said this in an interview I read and she was talking about when she was making "This Close," a TV series that she and her friend wrote and starred in, but I still found this relatable. I relate to this in a lot of different little ways but a big way is when I'm really really depressed because all I do is tend to focus on the next thing I need to do and just sort of go from there. There are days where all I can focus on is what I need to get done and don't allow myself to hope for things to get better or see how things could get better. I think we all struggle with this at some point and sometimes, like writing something, only focusing on the step ahead can be a good thing. But, we still should look at the bigger picture and have hope that what we want will come to us and will happen for us. It's a lot easier said than done, but I encourage y'all to continue looking at the bigger picture of things and have hope for the things you want.