Chapter 18

Qin Hailu (Jiang Jie) came in....
"So....what's your plan?"
Mark said..."Su su....Do you want to escape?"
"Escape??"
"Escape to Kunlun...they won't find us there..."
"Mark! How can I leave everything behind and just....escape! My family...my career...my friends!"
"You'll be safe at least!"
"No....Mark...that's escaping...I need to face it...we need to find out the mastermind...we already have Wang Kai and Wang Ziwen at our back"
"Ok...Su Su...I respect your decision...We'll stay then....What do you want to do next?"
"Let's drop this matter for now...today is Lusi's birthday...I'll go visit her...she may still not have got over her parent's death"
"Okay...I'll go with you"
"Hmm"

They drove to Zhao's Residence...
On the way Mark asked her...
"Isn't Zhao Liying an actress? I remember...you once mentioned that she got busy with her business studies?"
"Oh...that's complicated....At elementary school....Baby, Liying and me were the only three girls in class who dreamed of being actress...later...her parents forced her to study business...at a point, she couldn't take it anymore, rebelled against them, and became an actress, she dreamt of becoming"
"Oh..."

After they reached, they saw Zhao Lusi...The birthday party was quiet, it looked more of a funeral...
Yang Mi said..."Lusi...where's Liying?"
"Jie? She's in her room"
Yang Mi was quite surprised....Liying was old enough....no matter how sad she was about her parent's death, she shouldn't leave her younger sister alone on her birthday to attend guests...

Yang Mi said,"Mark....I'd better visit her..."
"Hmm...I'll stay here"
Yang Mi went to visit Liying in her room...
She knocked thrice...but no one answered...then she entered the room without waiting for any more response....Zhao Liying was sitting beside her window...A faint smile was at the corner of her lips...a broken but beautiful smile

Yang Mi was surprised, shocked and stunned at the beauty of the woman who just lost her parents...Her smile spoke a thousand words...Yang Mi couldn't say a word...all she could think of was...she was the reason for this woman to lose her parents, she was the reason for the girl outside to hold back her tears and celebrate her own birthday with a fake smile on her face....she was the reason for a happy family to break into pieces...
Her heart broke when she thought about the little elementary school friend of her's...this is that girl now...a broken girl with a beautiful smile...

The world seemed to have paused for a minute or so

Then she spoke..."Liying?"
There was no response from the other side...
She slowly walked to her...
Liying's eyes were fixed on the window...
Yang Mi touched her hand softly...
The girl who acted like a stone statue, a minute ago, now showed her human self...her eyes turned red with anger, and her nails scratched Yang Mi's hand....the scratch caused Yang Mi to sprang up from the ground which she had sat on earlier...
Finally...Liying spoke without any facial expressions..."Leave"
Yang Mi was forced to leave...

As soon as Yang Mi met Mark....he was shocked to see her hand which had already started bleeding...
"What on earth happened?? I just left you for a while!"
"It's nothing...Liying scratched me"
The words were somehow heard by Lusi...she was shocked as well...
"Jie scratched you?! I'm extremely sorry Mi Jie...seems like she still hasn't gotten over their death..."
"Not a big deal...By the way...Lusi...I wanted to ask a few things about Liying from you"
"Sure...Mi jie"
"Hmm...let the birthday party
be over first....then I'll talk to you"

People like the Zhao-s didn't usually held birthday parties for their own enjoyment...it was to please guests, the businessmen mostly...

After the party was over...Yang Mi and Mark went to Lusi...
"Ask me anything...I'll try my best to answer"
"Ok...Can you tell me what exactly happened when Liying left her business school?"
"I'd better start from the beginning...
So...as you all know...my parents were strict...They forced her to study business...When she grew up, she rebelled and started her acting career...you all know this...but what you don't know is...just as my parents had separated me and Hong Yi, they had separated Jie and Feng Shaofeng"
"Feng Shaofeng?"
"They were in love....until my parents separated them...they openly told both of them to break up and they were forced to do so...When jie became an actress, she got back together with him....but the consequences were unimaginable...they killed him!"
"Whatt??"
"You heard it right....they killed him and threatened her to give up acting....but jie didn't...after staying heartbroken for days...rather...years....she finally understood, there's no point in being scared...she had already lost her biggest treasure...there was nothing she was afraid to lose...I respect her.....for not giving up acting...and chasing her dreams..."
"..."
"Originally...I didn't knew about any of these...until one day...I accidentally heard jie arguing with them..."
"One more question...was Liying not happy with this little birthday party to cheer up?"
"Oh no! I wanted to cancel it! She was the one to convince me...she said that she may return to the company and continue with business...but won't give up acting too, so...yeah, she thought it would be good to call those old businessmen in the name of my birthday"
"Got it"

Yang Mi and Mark left Zhao's Residence...it was raining heavily...
Yang mi said..."Mark, look at the raindrops...Don't they seem like tears? The world seems to be crying...Liying...I wonder what she went through"
For a minute...both of them stayed quiet...lost in their own thoughts
"Mark....who do you think is behind all of these?"
"I have no idea"
Another minute of silence...
"Huh....Shaofeng and Liying are so pitiful...."
She held his hands...
"We must cherish our lives together"
"Hmm" Mark smiled at her...
"Where do you want to go next?"
"Mark...let's go to my house..."
"Ok..."

They reached at Yang Mi's house...
"Su su...I'll prepare dinner"
"Hey...Mark...tonight...why don't you teach me to cook??"
Yang Mi spoke in a childish tone...
Mark smiled...
"Yeah...I'd better teach you to cook...or you'll burn down your kitchen if you ever try alone"
She flushed...
"Who told you....I can't cook..."

Mark taught Yang Mi to cook lotus seed and pork tripe soup....

When they sat down to drink it....Mark said,"Lotus Seed and Pork tripe soup made by my susu, tastes just like the one made by my grandma"
Mimi chuckled...."Who's your grandma??"
"What?? Don't you believe me? This tastes just like the one she used to make...who knows, maybe you are her reincarnation"
"Have you lost your mind? She was still alive when you met me"
"Ohh yes...that's true"
"It's already 8PM, I'll have to visit the company tomorrow, I heard, there's a new artist who joined, that too, a big artist...She used to be under another company, but left it"
"Why would she leave her previous company?"
"Who knows? Maybe there were some arguments"
"Hmm..let's rest tonight, I'll wake you up tomorrow"
"Hmm"