Chapter 16

Yang Mi thought to herself..."I guess...I need a rest before I start reading the last diary...It's only 12...Yifei...must be awake now..."

She called her bestie...
"Hey...bestie...what's up?"
"Yiffffeeeeeiiii-aaaa....I missss youuu"
"Woahh...Mimii-aa seems like your brain has been damaged...why do you suddenly miss me?"
"I don't know....I'm just feeling lonely"
"Mimi....are you ok? Do you want me to come?"
"No....Yifei...I won't cause you trouble...I'm okay....I just feel depressed....Btw...have you found the DVD?"
"I've found it...I'll send it to you tomorrow"
"Really?? Thank you so much!!!"
"Ok...Love you...sleep early...I'll hang up then"
"Ok..bye bye...sweet dreams...bestie"

Yang Mi layed on the sofa and looked up to the celling...her face was emotionless...suddenly she thought of Mark's door lock..
She thought to herself...
"Mark's door lock password was 25/8...25th is Yifei's birthday... 25th is the day when I saved a stranger from drowning...so, Mark's password wasn't her birthday, but, it was the day when we first met..."
"Mark...I misunderstood you...once again...but I'll make it up to you...I'll repay you with my life"
The thought made her smile

She continued reading...
The diary mostly talked about his daily life, his acting career and his growing fondness towards the anonymous person, whom he thought to be Yifei...

"Tuesday
24th August 2005
22:00

Dear diary,
Right now, I really don't feel like living"

Yang Mi's heart stopped...

"Today, grandmother passed away...I don't know what to do with my life anymore...Can't believe that I'll never get to drink her Lotus seed and pork tripe soup ever again...

Tomorrow...is Yifei's birthday...I originally planned to confess my love to her tomorrow...I don't think that I have the confidence to do it now...

Hope grandmother will rest in peace....she'll always be in my heart"

Yang Mi's heart broke...

She turned the page....unexpectedly, the next pages were all blank...
"25th August....that was the day when he was last seen, before he went missing...."

"What on earth happened on 25th August 2005!!!"

"Where is he now??? Wait...did he went missing again!!"
"No..no..no..no...no..stop thinking nonsense..."

The doorbell suddenly rang...it was already 1AM

Yang Mi rushed to the door....

She was shocked...it was Mark...

She stepped back to let him in...

A tear rolled down her cheek...her voice was softer than ever...

"Mark...you..."

Before she could speak, he hugged her...as tightly as he could...

Yang Mi said...
"I don't know wether I must speak first or to let you speak first...but..."
"But...let me speak first"
Mark locked the door...

They sat down to talk...
"Ok...now, listen to me...Su su..I know that you're worried about me....but right now, if I tell you about where I was...it'll be hard for you to understand..."
"Ok, I got it..."

Mark never imagined her to stop questioning him so fast...

"You may speak now"
"Mark, I'm sorry...I was anxious that you weren't there...So, I went through some of your private belongings...."
"I know...You went through my diaries..."
"How did you know??"
"I went back to my house..."
"Ohh"
"Anything else that you want to ask?"
"Mark...I'm sorry...I didn't intend to read your personal diary...it's just that....I was confused when I realised that your doorlock password is Yifei's birthday"
Mark smiled and patted her head...
"Su su...did I ever tell you not to read my diaries? I belong to you...and so do my diaries"
Yang Mi smiled at him...
"So...what happened on 25/8 2004??"
"My grandma passed away on 24th...so, I didn't intend to confess my love to her....But I thought that it would be rude to not wish her...so I went to her house..."
"Then?"
"Unexpectedly, she confessed her love to me"
Mark paused to look at Mi...as expected...her face looked less happier...He laughed and called Yang Mi who was sitting parallel to him...Now, he made her sit on his lap and wrapped his hands around her waist...
"Then what?"
"Hey! There's jealousy written on your face"
"W-w-w-h-o is j-j-jealousss......Mee?? No.....I...am....not..."
Mark pinched her cheeks...
"Ahhh...that hurts!"
"You're cute!!!"
Now...Yang Mi no longer found it important to hide her jealousy...
She pressed her lips on Mark's and wrapped her hands around his shoulder...Mark slided his hands up from her waist to her hair and ran through it...
"Of course I'm jealous!! You're mine...how can you even think of others!!!??"
Mark laughed...
"Ookayyy...My dear Suu Suu...I'm all yours"
She smiled like a child...
"Ok...now, continue with your story"
"So...yes...She confessed, and I agreed...my confidence increased...and I told her that I'll never leave her and will always protect her.....