1.4 The Dark Mark - Part 1

{18th of August, 1994}

All the Malfoys who were supporting Bulgaria, returned back to their tent while Cassiopeia and Archie were having the time of their lives celebrating. Unaware to Cassiopeia, James Potter who were on duty watched sorrowfully as his goddaughter seemed to have a blast without him in her life. Cassiopeia and Archie joined the crowds now flooding out of the stadium and back to their campsites. Raucous singing was borne toward them on the night air as they retraced their steps along the lantern-lit path, and leprechauns kept shooting over their heads, cackling and waving their lanterns.

Suddenly a crowd of wizards, highly packed and moving tighter with wand pointing straight upwards, were marching slowly across the field. Their head were hooded and their face masked. Four of these wizards pointed their wands at a group of people and muttered Levicorpus.

In a flash, four struggling figures were being contorted into grotesque shapes. It was as though the masked wizards on the ground were puppeteers, and the people above them were marionettes operated by invisible strings that rose from the wands into the air. Two of the figures were very small.

By the light of the few fires that were still burning, she could see people running away into the woods, fleeing something that was moving across the field toward them, something that was emitting odd flashes of light and noises like gunfire. Loud jeering, roars of laughter, and drunken yells were drifting toward them; then came a burst of strong green light, which illuminated the scene.

The floating people were suddenly illuminated as they passed over a burning tent and Cassie recognised one of them: Mr. Roberts, the campsite manager. The other three looked as though they might be his wife and children. One of the marchers below flipped Mrs. Roberts upside down with his wand; her nightdress fell down to reveal voluminous drawers and she struggled to cover herself up as the crowd below her screeched and hooted with glee.

More wizards were joining the marching group, laughing and pointing up at the floating bodies. Tents crumpled and fell as the marching crowd swelled. Once or twice Archie saw one of the marchers blast a tent out of his way with his wand. Several caught fire. The screaming grew louder.

"That's sick," Archie muttered, watching the smallest Muggle child, who had begun to spin like a top, sixty feet above the ground, his head flopping limply from side to side. "That is really sick. . . ."

'Death Eaters' Cassiopeia muttered sickly, lifting up her brother and holding onto him for dear life.

The crowd beneath the Roberts family was larger than ever; they could see the Ministry wizards trying to get through it to the hooded wizards in the center, but they were having great difficulty. It looked as though they were scared to perform any spell that might make the Roberts family fall.

"Oh my merlin, you lot are morons." Cassiopeia yelled in frustration, earring offended and shocked looks from the 'experienced' Aurors.

She held out her wand in the direction of the young children and bellowed Liberacorpus. The two little children descended to be caught by Cassiopeia.

"Stop gawking, take care of the adults. I've shown you how to do it, so stop standing around and move" Cassioepia snapped at them

"See those people over there" she hastily point to the medi-wizards as more tents were lit, "Run to them, they can save you". The young children nodded, terrified they sprinted over to a group of medi-wizards who directed the children to safety. Cassiopeia began to run with Archie on her back, unaware of the proud gaze many experienced aurors including her godfather, seeing a career in the young girl.

Words 680

Hi! How are you finding the book.

Sirius is giving me staker vibes, i'm just as pissed at him as you guys.

Have a good morning/afternoon or night

27TheEnd