14

•••

•••

*one week later*

Sebastian and Anthony had been acting weird all day but I didn't want to ask them about it. They're always up to something, so I just brush it off as I clean up our hotel room. I felt more comfortable today seeing as I was wearing a flowy dress, rather than a pair of pants, so it was easier to move around with my leg. I had an appointment with a doctor today to check on my leg and I was hoping– that although it's only been a week–I could possibly abandon my crutches. I was feeling fine, in all honesty. The pain that I had felt the first few days after the accident subsided and the only visible injury was the laceration on my head. "Do you want me to come with you?", Sebastian asks me as he grabs my bag from my hands. "I don't mind", I smile.

Anthony just left to go out with a friend so it was just Sebastian and I for now. "You look better", he says as we walk to the elevator. "Are you implying that I looked bad before?", I joke as I watch his face drop. "No, I didn't mean that-"

"Sebastian!", I laugh. I grab his arm and lean into him. "I'm joking". His face relaxes and he smiles as he shakes his head. "You look cute", I tell him as I look him up and down. He was wearing a pair of black jeans, and a nice shirt. "Cute?", he asks me, amused. "Yes, cute!"

We exit the elevator and head towards the parking garage. "I got it!", Sebastian yells as he jogs towards the passenger door. I laugh as he smiles like a little kid. I put my crutches in the backseat and then sit in the front, giving Sebastian a quick peck on the lips before he closes my door. He gets in the driver's seat and starts the car as I play with the radio, trying to find something worth listening to. "Who was listening to the love channel?", I laugh as I point to the screen. Sebastian stays silent and my smile widens as I grab his free hand to hold. "That's so cute!", I coo. "I'm embarrassed", he says as he takes a right. "Why? I think it's sweet. My mom used to listen to the love channel every morning on her way to work", I inform him as I raise the volume higher.

"Really?", he asks. I nod my head and hum in response. "I don't know anything about your family", I say suddenly, as I lift my head off of my hand. "I feel like you know so much about me and I barely know anything about you", I add as I really think about it. I've shared quite a bit about myself and my family to Sebastian, but he never really spoke about his family, and I was curious. "What do you want to know?", he asks as he looks over at me. "Whatever you're comfortable with sharing", I smile.

"Well, I'm an only child. I was born in Constanța, Romania and then moved to Vienna after my parents divorced. I came to America when I was a little bit older. My mom has been a single mom for the majority of my life. I only met my dad a few times and I haven't seen him since I was a kid, so that's pretty self-explanatory", he says and I nod my head, encouraging him to continue. "I don't really have a big family. My mom's side has always been fairly small and I have no contact with any of my dads relatives"