IBS?

Mid-December 2019

International volleyball matches had been cancelled. Roosevelt saw this as a sign. Whatever was happening abroad would eventually reach the US. As she waited at her doctor's office, she glanced at her iPhone screen. Betty had sent her a link for a rare December tournament in San Diego. They could do it, but she needed this stomach thing remedied.
"Olson?" The physician's assistant beckoned.
She stood and followed to the back offices toward the exam rooms.
Once in a room, the volleyball star waited for the normal questions--smoker? No. Drinking? Not often How much time is dedicated to exercise? 3-4 hours a day Last period? Period disappeared with the pills she'd been taking.

"What's brought you in?" The assistant asked as she typed away.

"My stomach. It's been quite unhappy the past couple weeks."

"Okay. I've let the doctor know. I'm going to have you give us a urine sample. Leave in the cabinet and come back. She'll be in shortly."
Roosevelt nodded, gave her sample,  and sighed once the door closed behind her in the exam room. What was her man doing right now?

Pulling out her phone, she texted:

Roosevelt
Drs office is boring. Wyd?

Christian ♥️
Hanging with Ryan and co.
Let me know what the doc says

Roosevelt
Of course.
If it's a food allergy, I'm going to be mad.

Christian ♥️
But not IBS? 🤔

Me
😑

Before she could read his response, the door swung open to reveal her regular doctor, Doctor Sarah Smith. The strawberry blonde, brown eyed doctor gave her a smile, "Hey Roosevelt, how are you doing? Stomach issues, huh?"

The brunette nodded, "Yeah. Started in November and I get pain and heartburn. It's random. No matter what food or no food."

"Hmm." She hummed back.

"No new stress?" The doctor asked as she motioned for the athlete to lay back on the exam chair.

"Actually no. Less." Roosevelt shrugged as she mulled over her lifestyle and laid back.
The doctor's cold hands prodded her abdomen, "Tell me if you feel any discomfort as I probe, okay?"

Nothing. No pain. "Nothing, huh?"

"Nope."

The phone rang, and the doctor readily answered. It was the briefest phone call she'd ever witnessed

"Any new sexual partner or partners?" The doctor asked in a curious tone.

"Yeah. Fiance." Roosevelt returned with a smile.

"C'mon girl. Give me more than that." The doctor prompted as she reviewed the olympians chart.

"Well, if you're a baseball fan...I'm engaged to Christian Yelich."

"MVP from the Brewers? Seems like a very nice, understanding guy." The doctor quipped with a smile. Where was she going with this? Why did she say it like that? What was wrong?

"Yes."

"Well, Roosevelt. I know what's making you sick."

The olympian didn't move and simply stared at the doctor. 

"Well, either you'll be excited or devastated." The doctor began with a small smile.

Roosevelt didn't follow.
"I'm sorry?"