Confrontation, Errands and Pedal to the Metal

Christian POV

Hearing the elevator ding, signaling that they'd arrived at his floor, Christian took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Roosevelt held his hand and squeezed. He wasn't sure what to expect. The two men had already given him a tongue lashing of the century. The sheer amount of names hurled blew Christian's mind. He was positive that some were exclusively known  in the South. He already hated himself, and it would be quite a long time before he could even begin to forgive himself.

As the trio entered, they were greeted by the other trio. Roosevelt immediately dropped his hand and ran to hug her brother who did his best to brace himself for her momentum. Mattie held her close, but his eyes darted to Christian. To Christian, he'd just been assassinated, meanwhile, his girl's twin seemed more contemplative. Rosie unwrapped herself from her brother and gave her brother from another mother a hug. 

It took all of Christian to not be jealous. He had to tell himself over and over again that they had a sibling relationship. As she pulled back, Chapman told her to "Stay still."

Christian found himself moving toward them only to feel a hand on his shoulder and  heard Braun whisper, "Easy, Yeli. Trust her like she trusts you."

It burned him to watch the third baseman gently  touch and inspect what was under the patch. Mattie's eyes were also trained on his older sister.  Every so often his dark eyes would dart over to the Brewer players. 

Normal POV

"You sure you're good? You can come back with us." Chapman quietly probed with searching eyes. Christian glared at the third baseman. Matt Olson noted the dark look  from the outfielder. 

"I'm going to be fine." She replied as her light brown eye turned to catch Christian's dark look. Rolling her exposed eye, she marched back to him and warned/poked him on the chest, "Knock it off, Mister. They have every right to be concerned." 

"Ro', why don't you go rest, hmm? Us guys need to talk." Mattie proposed with a small smile. The trainer looked between the two groups of men. Christian gave a slight nod. 

"Okay...." She conceded before turning to her brothers, "don't be too mean, okay?"

"I make no promises." Her younger brother replied but her pleading look caused him to relent, "Fine. I'll hear him out." She planted a kiss on his cheek and the same with Chapman. Returning to Christian who seemed to be frozen, she told the guys, "Before I feed him to the wolves. I actually need to borrow him." Tugging him haphazardly  into their room and shutting the door, she pushed him against the wall and kissed him hard. It took him a moment to process what was happening. His eyes were wide with surprise. Especially when she tugged his shirt down and off to the side, he felt her, bite, and then suck. He held in a groan. Pulling back, she whispered, "I told you that I only want to come home to you. You need to let your jealousy of Chapman go. The only bruises he's ever gotten from me was when I pegged him with a baseball. You are the only guy getting these, her hand hovered over the hickey. Get it?"

"When they're gone, I don't give a shit about the cast, I'm showing you how sorry and possessive I am." 

"I'll hold you to that. For now, just be honest and hear them out." 

"Will do." He kissed her forehead and left the room. Roosevelt realized her bags were still out there, so she was going to have to raid his closet. Trying to make the best of the situation, she found a pair of drawstring shorts that she was able to pull tight and snagged one of his many Brewer t-shirts. She caught sight of herself in the mirror. Ryan had been right, she looked like a pirate. Despite the rough day yesterday, she looked well. IVs were things of wonder. That's when she heard them.