Roxane

August 25, 2019

The month of August went by quickly. Both had been busy but managed to talk every night.

"You see my post?" he laughed. He didn't post all that often on Insta, when he did, it was baseball related.

"Yeah. Fashion, eh? I can endorse the Converse." She offered with a small shrug. It was still light on the West Coast, so she was still dawning her work out gear, a bikini. She was even tanner than she had been in July.

"You know me, I'm simple." He defended himself as he looked at the his pre release copy of the Body Issue Edition. He'd made the cover.

"Ah, yes, and so am I. I mean look at my outfit." She zoomed out the camera to show her full body.

"Yeah." She smirked at the deepening of his voice and him clearly squirming on the opposite end of the call.

"So, when's the issue released?"

"Two days, but I have a copy already..." He wasn't embarrassed about his pictures, but he was concerned about her response.

"Let me see!!" she begged as she moved to put on a pair shorts over her bathing suit.

"Okay...if you're sure."

"Of course I'm sure!" She confirmed with a grin.

He held up the issue with him on the cover, and her jaw dropped.

"Holy shit Christian." Her face was incredibly close to the phone which means he had her full attention. Silently, he turned to his section and showed her his spread.

"That's it. I'm putting in for vacation time. I plan on being there for the Marlins series."

"Babe, that series is in Miami."

"Which is a perfect place to show off my new bikinis."

"Stubborn and determined, are we?"

"Do you have any idea how divine you look in those pictures?" Her voice was aggressive, and her expression communicated her being flustered.

"Divine?" He pondered aloud with a smirk on his face.

"Look, I'd be with you now if there weren't for HR rules about vacation time."

"Fair enough."

Two days later, the magazine released, and Roosevelt bought several copies.

Roosevelt: I bought multiple copies.

Christian♥️: I could have gotten you free copies.

Roosevelt: No, the publisher needs to know they did good. ;)

Christian♥️: At least you like it..

Roosevelt: Who said something? 😤

Christian♥️: Some woman on Twitter went off and normally I ignore all that but damn

Roosevelt sat there infuriated. That woman wasn't forced to look. She could have ignored the magazine. Quickly pulling up Twitter, she scouted out the issue. The bitch's name was "Roxane."

Roosevelt: You guys are at home, right?

Christian♥️: Yeah...

Roosevelt: Change your walk-up song to 'Roxanne.' That sends a clear message. She can go fuck herself.

Christian's eyes widened at her messages. His girl didn't play around, and her walk-up song choices hadn't been wrong before.

Christian♥️: Will do. I'll talk to you later. Love you

Roosevelt: Love you too!

Her Twitter app dinged with a notification that Christian had tweeted, "Relax Roxane." Roosevelt smirked at the phone; they could be the King and Queen of petty. It seemed that her man was good at getting the last laugh.
She remembered how the conversation went down with her brother. Christian had been quite terse and heated. But by the end, all was peaceful in the Olson Family.