28

Diluc was already waiting on their bed when Anthea entered their room. He was seating on their bed, meekly reading a book with only a black robe covering his body. She blushed a little at the sight of his husband's bare chest. Even after nine years of being married, her heart would still flutter often at the sight of him. Specially when it's 'that' specific sight.

"The kids are asleep?"  He asked, keeping the book away and paying attention to his wife instead.

"Yes..actually..Can we talk about something?"

"What is it dear? You look worried.. " He whispered gently, rushing towards his wife to give her a gentle peck on the forehead.

"Yizhong was crying earlier... He thinks you love Zoran more because you only ever spend time with him." Diluc's eyes widened. With a sullen expression,  he looked away.

"Believe me, Thea, I really love him. He's also my son afterall. But lately, I just can't figure out how to connect with him...I envy father for being so good at what he does." He said, upset about himself.

Anthea smiled sadly, gently, she touched the side of his face to comfort him. "You're brilliant Diluc. You're a good father. For now, you can start by not showing the kids that you have favorites. Or else they will continue thinking that you do. I think Yizhong was upset that you gave Zoran a claymor and didn't give him anything."

"Oh that.. I ordered one for him. But it took a longer time than Zoran's claymor because I had it made from Liyue since they specialize in that area." Diluc spoke, scratching the back of his neck. Anthea sighed in relief.

"I knew you cared for him. Just make sure to let him know before it's too late, okay?" She told him, holding both of his hands.

"Anthea.. Yizhong is my son, ofcourse I care for him." He replied, his eyes glimmering with sincerity. His wife smiled at him.

"Thankyou Diluc, for everything that you do for our family.. " Anthea whispered, wrapping her arms around him.

Diluc held a portion of his wife's voluminous hair in his hand, gently pressing his lips on it. "Your hair smells nice, love." He whispered in a rather husky tone.

"Is that why you chose to wear such scandalous outfit? To seduce me?" Anthea teased, trailing her fingers on his exposed chest.

Before Anthea knew it, she was already tackled by the wild beast she would so often call her husband. His eyes shifted to a darker tone, but it was glinting crimson under the moonlight. His strong arms pinning her fragile ones to the bed, as if a predator caging its prey.

"You think I wouldn't notice that you've been eyeing my chest?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Once again, Anthea teased.

"The kids are already asleep." He whispered, trailing light kisses on her neck.

Just when he was about to kiss her lips, the door suddenly slammed open.

"Mama, papa, pillow fi-" The two young boys stopped at the sight of their parents in a silly position.

"uhmmm... Where were you guys, your mama and I have already started the pillow fight without you.. " Diluc told his sons nervously. Anthea bursted in gentle chuckles.

"But you're not holding pillows... " Zoran nonchalantly replied. His steady gaze made the couple nervous.

'Our children are too perceptive for their own good!' Both of them yelled in their minds.

"How is your mother and Yizhong, Alatus?" Zhongli asked the figure behind him.

"Yizhong is doing fine. He's rather talented in wielding a polearm." The yaksha answered.

"That is good to hear. Perfect timing, because I had this made for him." Golden light apeared from the god's fingertips. As he held out his hand, a golden polearm much like the vanquisher appeared out of thin air. The only difference that it had from Zhongli's are some intricate details and patterns that looked really expensive.

"Please bring this to my son. Just say that it's your gift to him."

Xiao nodded, taking the polearm from the god.

"And Xiao.. You have been using yours for thousands of years, it must be worn out now for thousands of years. You can use this.. " He said, throwing another polearm at the young adeptus. This time, it was green and color and built from platinum and jade. 

Xiao's eyes spoke gratitude for the former archon. He had always looled up to him, for it was true that he had been a great leader and a great archon. But there was something else that he has always seen in him. He was the closest he had of a father.

"Thankyou, Rex Lapis." He whispered,  but just when he was about to leave and fly away, he turned back to him. "Actually.. There is something that you should know.. "

"What is it?"

"Mother.. " He looked away, as he could not find the right words to say. "Mother's curse returned because she was turned into an adepti.. "

Zhongli's eyes widened. His knees, which had suddenly felt week collapsed on the ground.

"No... " Tears fell from his eyes. "This is all my fault!" he sobbed.

As the god broke down, Xiao remained by his side. He could not dare to leave. Not when someone important to him has been suffering alone.

"How bad is it right now?" He asked between tears. Xiao looked away.

"It won't be long until her body gives out. But she doesn't want anyone to know. She's planning to endure until the end once again.. I wasn't planning to tell you out of her wish, but its becoming worse.. " He said worriedly,  gritting his teeth at the thought of seeing his mother suffering once again.

"I have a way to save her." The God spoke, and the Adeptus narrowed his eyes.

Zhongli looked at him in the eyes confidently, as if he could guarantee the success of his plan. "I can transfer the curse to my body."

-

When this book ends, what do you guys want to read next?

-Prequel of Anthea and Diluc's story

-Prequel about the full back story of Azalea and Zhongli

-Xiao's love story