22

"I've brought food, please eat something." Anthea heard Tartaglia speak along with several gentle footsteps.

"How long has it been, Childe?" She asked weakly.

"Two days."

Two days. But it almost felt like an eternity of pain to Anthea. Two days and she felt like she was not recovering at all. She thought if she could atleast take the time to rest, a little of her strength would be restored. But she found no hope as she was only getting weaker. At the second day, she can't even find the strength to open her eyes.

The harbinger gently pulled her by her back, helping her to sit up so she could eat. "Come on, eat something, I'll help you." He said in a gentle manner, feeding her with a spoonful of porridge.

"Why are you doing this? You can just leave me be and go along with your harbinger business." She asked.

Tartaglia sighed, resting the bowl of porridge in the desk near his bed for a little while.

"I'm not a bad guy, you know. I initially joined the Fatui to have something to feed to my Family. And besides.. " He told him, hesitating to say the rest of the story.

"Besides?"

"The Fatui killed her.. " He told her, clenching his teeth. The memory of blood and death still haunting him even though it was a long time ago.

"She was a Monstadt Knight too. Just like you, she had the purest of hearts and the kindest of souls. We were supposed to get married and settle down with my siblings. But when the Fatui found out that I was resigning for a woman, they tracked her down and killed her. I was not even aware. I was not there when she took her final breath." Tartaglia's voice broke into sobs as he finished the rest of his story.

Anthea's eyes widened upon realizing who was the Harbinger speaking of. "Alwina..."

"I'm not surprised that you know her. You're both wonderful people." Tartaglia mumbled with a smile. "That's why I don't want anyone else to fall in the same faith as hers. If I can do something to stop them for hurtung you, I'll do so."

Anthea shook her head. "You don't understand... Alwina is alive."

Tartaglia's eyes widened. "You're lying. That cannot be. If she was she would have let me know."

"She was an excellent knight. Albedo and I did everything to save her. And we succeeded. I had a house built for her in Starsnatch cliff. Before she left the knights, she left these words,

'Tell him I'll be waiting' I never knew who it was supposed to be for. I figured it was a lover. So my husband and I tried looking for this faceless man but couldn't find anyone. But then it was you all along, I'm happy I found you."

"Is that... Is that really true?"

With a smile on her face, Anthea nodded.  "She's waiting, Childe."

The harbinger broke down into tears. Covering his face with his hand. "I can't believe it. She's alive. My Alwina is alive." He continued to sob. He had bared the pain and grief for years, and concealed his broken heart with a haughty grin. The thought of his beloved passing away ate him alive every single day. During his mourning  years he couldn't even find any reason to smile. Without her smile, her laughter, her nagging about him joining the bad guys, he found no direction to start over again. Turns out he need not to.

Anthea watched him with a smile. Her heart pounded, urging her to do more.

"Childe, would you pack your things if I tell you to do so?"

"Why?" He asked, wiping his tears.

"I'm taking you to her."

"But you're so weak right now. You'll just hurt yourself."

Gently, she patted her shoulders. Her smile unwavering. "I'm the Nymph of Teyvat. Even though I possess a mortal body now, I shall never turn a blind eye to people who need my help. I'll be fine."

The recruits were frightened when they saw their headquarters being engulfed into fire. No matter how much they throw water at it, it would only scorch even more.

When they tried to leave the burning infrastructure, A huge meteorite struck them all at once, burrying them alive into the ground.

Through the smoke, two man with their raging eyes walked forth. One who's body are embraced by flames and one who wore an authoritative glare that they couldn't help but fall on their knees.

Screams resounded through the vicinity. But their expression held no remorse.

"She's not here." The Yaksha spoke as he landed infront of them.

Clenching his teeth, Diluc harshly dug his Claymor on the ground. His eyes, fierce as it can be. He yelled in his mind 'They will pay...They will all pay.'

The Wrath of the Rock is something to be wary of, but with Zhongli's Nature as a god, he still held mercy towards mortals.

But the Wrath of a Ragnvindr, would certainly kill.