Ch.10

Grace woke in bed with Simon. They had been awake all night having sex.

Grace groaned and looked at him. She smiled. "Anyone would think we were baby trying," she said as she looked at him.

Simon smirked. "No. We're only practicing. For when we do decide to have a baby," Simon said as he kissed her.

"Who said I wanted kids?"

"You don't?"

Grace shrugged and looked at him. "I don't know. I've never really thought about it. I've never really been in the right relationship to think about kids," she admitted.

Simon nodded and smiled. "I know. But are you open to the idea of having them one day?" He asked.

Grace smiled a little. "I guess so."

***
Grace and Simon went into work. Esmè walked over to her. "Hey. Are you okay?" Grace asked.

Esmè nodded. "Yeah I'm fine. I booked myself into a hotel. Max won't even acknowledge me," she said.

Grace smiled. "You know you're more than welcome to stay with me and Simon. We'll even cut back on the sex," she said.

Esmè shook her head and sighed. "No it's fine. I talked to my mum. And I'm heading back to Rochdale. It's for the best."

"No Es."

"It's for the best."

***
Grace was sitting in her classroom. She looked up as Simon walked in. He slammed the door. "This is impossible. Christine is impossible. Max is right about her. She can't run a school."

"Max Tyler isn't the bee all and end all of this place. It functioned without him before," Grace said.

Simon frowned. "What's turned you against him?"

Grace rolled her eyes. "Since Max Tyler decided to ruin Esmè. He brought her up here telling her that they would be something. But he lied. He hurt her."

"That's nothing to do with the school though. Leave personal matters out of it," Simon said.

***
Grace and Simon had been arguing a lot that day. Grace was sitting in the staffroom when he walked in. She looked at him. "Go away."

"No. We need to talk. You're not letting Max Tyler ruin our relationship. I agree with him about Christine. Nothing else. Okay?"

Grace sighed. "It sucks. She came all this way for him. And he just threw her away like she was rubbish," she said.

Simon took her hand. "Babe. Focus on us. And then everything will be okay."

"Yeah I know."

Simon kissed her heatedly. He looked at her. "I promise. It will always be us. I love you."

"I love you too."

***
Grace went back home that evening and sighed. Her head was hurting and she felt sick. She didn't know why. But she felt like she needed to take a pregnancy test.

Grace looked in her bag and saw one. She knew that it was much too soon for her and Simon to be having a baby. Especially when they'd only just become something serious.

Grace took the test and sighed as she put the timer on her phone. Grace didn't know what she would do if she was pregnant. She and Simon hadn't discussed it.

Grace's timer went off. She picked up the test and saw the result. It was...