Ch.16

Grace and Simon had been trying for a baby. Simon had been adamant he wanted them to have their own little family. He wanted them to start their own little life.

Grace woke in bed and groaned. She saw Simon walking in and smiled. He sat on the bed and kissed her. "How you feeling after last night?" He asked as he kissed her.

Grace smiled. "I'm okay. Little sore. But it was worth it. Especially when we get our little baby," she told him.

Simon pulled her close and held her. "We're going to be okay. I know we are. I love you."

"I love you too."

***
The two of them went into work. Grace kissed Simon and watched as he walked off. She walked over to Esmè. "Hey. What's up?" She asked.

Esmè sighed. "I don't know. Max and I had a huge fight. He walked out after he told me he wishes I never came up here with him."

Grace smiled and took her hand. She looked to her. "It will be okay. He'll come round. What even happened?"

"I told him I think I'm pregnant. He thinks I did it to trap him. I didn't. That's the last thing I wanted. I didn't want a baby. I've literally just passed the teacher thing. And I can't handle a baby."

Grace smiled. She looked to her. "It's going to be okay. If you are pregnant, I'll be by your side. Okay?"

Esmè sighed. "It's you who wanted the baby. Not me. So why can't this happen for you instead? I kept telling Max I wasn't going to sleep with him. Yet he persisted on it."

"Honestly... he's a pig. It feels like he got you here to be his personal sex buddy."

"Yeah... I know."

***
Grace was sitting in the staffroom. She looked up as Simon walked in. He kissed her. "Max tells me he got Esmè pregnant. Is everything okay?"

Grace nodded and smiled. "Yeah. It's more than fine. And she doesn't know if she's pregnant yet. She thinks she is."

Simon sighed. "It's annoying isn't it? We want a baby and we're in a relationship. Yet Esmè and max aren't and they're possibly having a baby."

"It's okay. We're going to have a baby. Don't worry about it," Grace said as she kissed him. She smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too."

The two of them kissed. Simon smiled. "You sure you're okay?" He asked as he kissed her.

"I'm good babe. Don't worry."

***
Grace walked into Esmè's classroom. She smiled. "You doing okay?" She asked.

Esmè nodded. "Listen. I don't feel right. Having this baby... I want you to have your baby."

Grace rolled her eyes. "Don't be a donut. You genuinely don't need to worry. Simon and I are always trying. Besides... my baby is going to need a bestie."

Esmè smiled slightly. "I guess. I just feel bad. I wanted you to have your baby first. It's not how I wanted this," she told her.

Grace took her hand and smiled. "Whatever happens, it's going to be okay."

"I hope so."

***
Grace and Simon were lying in bed. Grace smiled as she looked to her. "You know, I think that next week is my most fertile window."

"Well... next week then.. you and me will be doing it for the baby."

Grace grinned and kissed him. But she had no idea just how everything between her and Simon was about to go completely wrong.