Ch.8

Grace was sitting in bed. She looked up as Simon walked in and smiled. "Morning."

"Hey. Sleep okay?" Simon asked as he sat on the bed and kissed her.

Grace nodded and smiled. She cuddled into him and sighed. "I think after work, we should go for dinner."

"I told Max I'd go for a few drinks with him. He wants to try and win Esmè over," Simon said as he kissed her.

Grace smirked. "Oh. So Max wants advice to get the girl? I always thought he was the player," she said.

Simon smirked. "Men's night out."

***
The two of them arrived at the school. Grace smiled as Esmè walked over to her. "Do you wanna do something after work?" She asked.

Grace grinned and nodded. Simon kissed her and walked off. Esmè looked at her. "How's things with Simon going?"

"They're okay. It's a bit weird. The I love yous. But it's going good. I think we just gotta get used to it properly," Grace said as she looked at her.

Esmè nodded. "Well. It'll work out. I know it will."

"I hope so."

***
Grace was sitting in the staffroom. Christine walked in and smiled. "Let's be brief. There's been an issue regarding the Brown twins. Lisa has been acting out of control. And as for Lenny, his grades are slipping."

"Just suspend them both for a brief period of time. It will make them realise that they can't mess around. This is their final year," Simon said as he looked around.

Grace frowned. "But doing that shows them that we're giving up on them. We can't do that. I thought Waterloo Road was a place that gave chances?"

Simon nodded. "There's chances. And then there's Lisa Brown. Taking liberties. She needs to know when enough is enough."

Grace rolled her eyes. "Give her a break. She's had a tough life," she said.

Simon said nothing. He knew that Grace was stubborn and would fight for the pupils. Because she wanted to change the lives of the pupils. To make their lives better.

****

Grace and Esmè was sitting in Max's office. He wasn't there. "Doesn't he mind you sitting here?"

"I share a bed with him and he doesn't get sex. So I'm pretty sure he will let me get away with this," Esmè said as she handed her best friend a glass of the scotch Max had.

Grace smiled and nodded. She sighed. "Simon and I are literally polar opposites when it comes to work. I mean, I'm all for giving the kids a second chance. But he only wants to work with the ones who have potential to go far."

Esmè laughed. "He's like Max. Max is the same."

Grace sighed. "I just want to rip his head off here. But in the bedroom, I want to rip his suit off. I love him. And he loves me. But I'm scared in case we don't work out."

****

Grace was sitting on the bed when Simon walked in. She smiled. "Cancel on Max. Let me have you instead."

"I can't. Men's night out," Simon said as he kissed her neck. He smirked. "Stay awake until I'm back. Then I'll do you all night."

Grace grinned and nodded. She kissed him and watched as he walked off. She had no idea how badly her relationship was going to change.

And it wasn't going to be for the best.