( two )

───────────────

───────────────

THE TWO STUDENTS entered the crammed class room sat at their designated desks. the professor stood at the front of the room, peering down upon the sitting students to catch any cheaters.

y/n stared at the packet presented in front of her. the large words: CIVICS EXAM PAPER printed in bold on the middle of the front cover.

the satisfying dinging of the school bell chimed throughout the school as the teacher commenced the exam.

students quickly picked up their pencils and got straight to work.

y/n silently flicked on her glasses and inaudibly mouthed "ultra deduction." her eyes frantically scanned over the papers as the mechanical pencil in her hand filled out the multiple choice questions effortlessly. to her, multiple choice exams were the easiest. using ultra deduction, she could deduce which answers were wrong, and which ones were right. after filling out all of her answers, she stretched her arms and sat back in her chair and patiently waited for the professor to collect her test.

y/n watched the teacher strut down the rows of students, nearing her. happy the teacher seemingly took notice of her completion, she held out her test for him to take. but unfortunately for her, the professor ignored her packet in hand and went straight for the student sitting directly next to her.

"you there, student number 162, sit properly in your chair." the professor commanded.

the girl owlishly blinked and slightly moved her head away from the adult who was obscuring her vision. her eyes landed on the same student she caught staring at her before class.

she took notice of his posture. his toes were curling at the edge of the desk, his index finger and thumb pinching the pencil. it was all so interesting to her. noticing he was staring at something or someone rather intensely, she followed his line of vision and stopped at light who was also staring at the mysterious student.

getting bored of watching the two males have a staring contest, and annoyed the teacher hadn't come to collect her test, she abruptly stood up and marched over to the teacher to hand in her packet. the professor shot the girl a quizzical look and wondered how on earth she managed to finish the exam in under thirty minutes. before he could interrogate her on how fast she completed the test, she already took her seat and began to snooze. clicking his tongue, the teacher took the test with no questions.

about half of the class, including L, were perplexed after noticing the already finished girl who was drooling on the oak school desk.

L'S POV:

L broke eye contact with light and shifted his attention over to you.

'how did she manage to finish this 200 question exam in under half an hour? she's either extremely intelligent, or extremely incompetent.'

L paused and studied your features more.

'but let's say she is indeed very intelligent and was able to finish this exam in under thirty minutes. this makes the probability of her being kira 2%. not to mention she is seemingly friends with light yagami...'

L placed a thumb on his lips and continued to think and complete his exam.

───────────────