( eight )

───────────────

───────────────

Y/N FINALLY ARRIVED at the armed detective agency at around 11 pm. walking through familiar doors, there stood her coworkers waiting impatiently for her return.

"y/n! you're back!"

"finally! would you like to die with me now?"

"what took you so long?!"

"can't you be on time once in awhile?"

giving a sheepish smile, y/n sauntered over to her desk and plopped on her chair. "i got lost okay? and until mr. prez calls the meeting, i think i'm quite early."

only a few minutes later, the door leading to the private office opened, revealing the man everyone respects. "alright, since everyone's here let's have our meeting."

──── ◡̈₊· • . .°

once all agency members took a seat around the long oak table, kunikida stood in front of the room.

"alright then. so we know these mysterious killings are obviously being caused by an inhumane power. if we narrow it down to location, it's clear 'kira' seems to be killing people only in japan. so, it's safe to assume kira resides somewhere in japan."

pausing to turn around, kunikida pulls down the white cloth revealing some sort of diagram.

"i've payed close attention to kira's killings and noticed that they kill only after 8 pm. i suspect kira is a student as most students attend both school and cram school according to tanizaki." pushing up his glasses, kunikida turns to y/n. "y/n, do you have anything else to say?"

the said girl struggled to keep her head upright if it wasn't for yosano jabbing her side. "h-huh?! oh, yeah i know who kira is."

...

"YOU KNOW WHO KIRA IS AND JUST WASTED TWENTY MINUTES OF MY EXPLAINATION?!" kunikida lunged at the girl and started shaking her from her shirt collar.

while yosano pried kunikida off the poor girl, dazai gave her a soul crushing hug.

"i'll protect you from the english man, y/n!" dazai shielded her away which seemed to tick kunikida off even more.

"WHY YOU—"

"ahem."

everyone's attention went straight to their superior as he made his way to the board. "y/n, do tell us about kira."

while everyone calmed down, y/n spoke. "light yagami, attending to-oh university, son of police chief soichiro yagami is indeed kira."

"so the son of a police chief is the biggest mass murderer of the century?!" atsushi squeaks.

ignoring this outburst, y/n continues. "light yagami possesses a notebook that was once from a shinigami. this allows him to kill humans with just their name and face."

"how is that even possible?!" yosano slammed her fist into the table.

"light yagami has an accomplice, who also possesses a notebook. misa amane, an uprising social media model. she vowed her life for light." y/n narrowed her eyes.

"so, doesn't that mean we can just go ahead and arrest them both?" kenji asked with an innocent smile as conical flowers filled his aura.

"if we were to do that, we'd probably all die..." y/n murmurs just loud enough for everyone to hear. "misa amane has a god of death who would kill anyone and sacrifice their life if anything were to happen to her. an act of love, i suppose."

"YUCK!" dazai comments.

"i'm afraid to say it, but we're in a tough situation." y/n sulks.

"alright..." fukuzawa sighs and crosses his arms. "y/n, i know you're capable of solving this case on your own, but i'd like for you to have some... assistance. i think you'll need it for this one."

"hmm alright! who'll i be working with this time? yosano? oh or maybe kyouka? or even daza—"

"not from the agency." fukuzawa cuts off.

this catches majority of the latter's attention.

"what do you mean, mr. president? is there someone else you have i mind?" atsushi questions.

"i do... he's actually working on this case right now."

───────────────