( three )

───────────────

───────────────

Y/N AND LIGHT strutted up to the auditorium's stage of to-oh university. having perfect exam scores meant that the two would be the two representatives for the freshman grade. what y/n didn't know was that there would be another student representative.

"hideki ryuga." the principal announced to the audience. murmurs of students were heard as hideki ryuga sauntered to the stage, standing between y/n and light

'so, his name is hideki ryuga like the jpop idol?'

y/n droned out light and ryuga's speech and thought of the snacks she would buy later.

'oh, crap! i have to come to the agency today... aw man!'

y/n came back to her senses when ryuga lightly tugged the hem of her shirt, signaling that it was her turn.

"huh? oh! uhh..." y/n looked around and tried to think of something off the top of her head. after pulling a surprisingly lengthy and concise speech out of her ass, the three students walked back to their seats in the audience. sitting next to light, y/n crossed her legs and continued to "listen" to the ceremony.

while listening to the ceremony and occasionally zoning out, she couldn't help but over hear light and ryuga's quiet mumbling. not wanting to seem obvious, she stayed put in her seat and tried her best to hear the whispers. unfortunately for her, all she was able to make out was: 'kira investigation' and 'identity.'

disappointed, she stopped her eavesdropping and decided to ask light about his encounter with hideki ryuga after the ceremony or even the next day.

──── ◡̈₊· • . .°

families and friends were gathered around the school campus in clusters making small talk as y/n and light walked around the school grounds in a comfortable silence.

"hey, light."

'hmm? what's this? light's already friends with ryuga?'

"uhh, nice meeting you." ryuga said with both hands stuffed into the pockets of his jeans.

"no, the pleasure was mine." light calmly replied.

unexpectedly, ryuga turned to y/n who was swirling a lollipop around in her mouth, waiting for light.

"see you around campus, y/n." ryuga added before walking off. y/n watched the sleek limousine ryuga had just entered drive off into the distance.

y/n turned to light who was still, oddly, staring at the driving car until it was a mere speck.

"he seems nice!" y/n exclaimed, snapping light out of his trance. "wanna go eat at this new cafe i found? their cheesecakes are delicious."

light politely declined, saying that he wanted to get to his family and tell them how well his speech for the ceremony went.

not caring in the slightest, y/n shrugged it off and walked away from light, leaving him with his own thoughts.

'ryuga is so interesting! i wonder if he likes cake. oh well, maybe i'll invite him instead of light next time.'

y/n happily picked up a box of cake and called her good friend atsushi nakajima to pick her up. although she was very intelligent academically, she still needed a chaperone, you could call it. hence why she always followed light around to take her to classes. due to the fact she doesn't know how to take the train and has no sense of direction whatsoever, someone from the agency (almost always being atsushi or kyouka) often accompanies her to her trips to and back from school.

───────────────