( seven )

( a/n: this is my peace offering

( a/n: this is my peace offering. u guys are so scary 😨. also all my other previous chapters were so cringe wtf. )

───────────────

Y/N NOW SAT next to light, both facing a seemingly innocent girl. she had blonde hair that was styled into pigtails and was dressed in a very fashionable clothing style.

"how did you find me?" light lightly glared at the girl in front of her.

"oh... i knew it. you never made the shinigami eye deal. when you have the shinigami eyes like i do, you can see most people's name and lifespan just by looking at them. however, you can't see the lifespan of any person who possesses a death note."

y/n droned out on their conversation and starting thinking of ways to somehow get the armed detective agency involved.

'hmm.. so her name is misa amane and she also possesses a death note. she also has shinigami eyes. just as i predicted. if i stay on light's side, she'll think twice before writing my name in her death note.'

"please make me your girlfriend!" misa blushed, giving
y/n a slight side-eye.

'... he's all yours.'

"all i wanted was the chance to meet kira one day. so, i could thank you for what you did yo my parent's murderer." misa sobbed.

as misa cried on the floor, light stood up and pulled her into his embrace.

"i understand." light whispered. "i cant be your boyfriend but.. i can act like it."

'so manipulative.'

y/n could practically hear light's smile as he planned how he would use misa to his advantage.

"thank you so much!" misa smiled.

the two continued to talk about shinigamis while y/n mindlessly licked her lollipop and spun around in light's chair.

'looks like they forgot about me.'

"hey, light. what're you gonna do about your other little friend?" ryuk teased, pointing at y/n.

'spoke too soon'

all six (technically eight) pairs of eyes shifted to the detective.

"misa, to make sure our meetings don't stand out, i have to see other girls." light annoyedly explained.

"huh? what do you mean? you're seriously gonna date other girls?" misa argued, giving y/n a scowl.

"... yeah, more or less."

"i don't want you to!" misa's eyebrows scrunched as an ominous aura filled the room. "if i see you with another girl, i'll kill her."

'this is my cue to leave...'

y/n lazily stood up from her chair and began to march to the door before she felt an arm slither around her waist and pull her right back.

light pushed her shoulders down, causing her to sit on his bed next to ryuk who began to take off her hat and place it on himself.

"this isn't a game misa." light gripped her shoulders. "it sounds like you're confused. you're only here because of kira, you don't even know me."

"... from the moment i saw you, i knew you were the one."

'am i watching a kdrama?'

light and misa suddenly began talking to thin air, y/n deduced that they were talking to misa's shinigami.

she gave the silent hand signal to ryuk to keep quiet and slipped out of light's house, into the darkness.

'leaving was risky, but misa wouldn't do anything light doesn't approve of. as long as light continues to protect me, i'll be fine.'

y/n stretched her arms out and sighed.

"time report back to the prez."

───────────────