( one )

───────────────

───────────────

Y/N EDOGAWA MUNCHED on her artificially sweet pack of jolly ranchers while walking to to-oh university beside her new found friend, light yagami. although light acted too perfect that it was getting suspicious to the young adult, she brushed it off for the time being.

light found y/n amusing. when they became "friends", the young woman refused to reveal her last name to light. claiming that she was "an aspiring detective who doesn't give out her full name." light found that a bit strange but brushed it off, ignoring the tiny, dubious voice in the back of his mind. but he couldn't help but feel a bit nervous. he knew y/n was undoubtedly smart, surpassing him in every subject by just a hair. this fact indeed made light's brain wrack. how could such a childish person beat him with little to no effort? but he didn't mind. in light yagami's mind, everything was in his favor. including the seemingly naive but intelligent girl he snagged as a friend. in his eyes, he viewed y/n as a childish toddler who was stuck in primary school. a very useful toddler at that.

"so, light. are you nervous for the exams?" y/n asked as the two confidently walked through the hallways of the school.

"not really, i'm confident in my academics." light replied bluntly.

"yeahhh, these exams will be a breeze!" y/n placed her hands on the back of her head and closed her eyes.

'how is she so confident?' light thought to himself.

as the two neared the classroom, y/n could feel a pair of eyes following and watching her moves. she opened one eye and caught a glimpse of another student who was wearing an oversized white shirt and baggy blue jeans. she found his outfit quite interesting and shot him a quick grin and stared a bit longer before dipping into her classroom.

───────────────