𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Emily's POV

Seeing my mom on the screen both relieved and worried me at the same time. I felt relieved just seeing her and knowing that she's a part of...whatever this is, but also worried because she wasn't here in person.

Where is she?

"Emily...if you're seeing this video, then that means that you've woken up and everything so far is going according to plan.

Now I know that a million of questions are probably running through your head, and I hope that this video can help with that.

First things first, I want to make it clear that you can trust these people, honey. They may seem a bit intimidating at first, but they're here to help you."

The man with the metal arm chuckles at my mom's comment and then puts his attention back on the video.

"Another big thing to mention Emily is that the year isn't 1995 anymore, it's 2020."

This obviously freaks me out, but I decide to stay quiet and wait til the end of the video to add any comments.

"Now I know that's probably a huge shock for you, but let me explain.

After the accident that happened at the Orpheum, you went into a major shock, causing you to go unconscious and almost putting yourself in a coma.

The paramedics on the scene tried to help you but nothing was working.

I took matter into my own hands and took you to the only place where I knew they could save you.

My job."

Her job? The more my mom spoke, the more confused I became. How did her job have anything to do with this?

"Do you remember how I told you that I wasn't actually a real estate agent, that I was actually a scientist? Well, Killian and I at the time we're working on an experiment. An experiment that would change the world.

We called it, EXTREMIS.

It focused on humans being able to repair themselves.

Like arms, legs, basically essential body parts.

With this work, I figured that Killian would have a way to wake you up or at least have something that could help you.

When we got there, I told him what had happened and he told me that he only had one solution.

It was an experiment that he was working on by himself but he ensured me that it was 100% safe and it was the only way to wake you up. So I agreed and the process was successful. Only you didn't come out exactly as we had expected.

When we did the tests on your vitals and whatnot, we noticed that there was something new in your body. Something that at the time had never been seen before.

You had superpowers."

With this I finally stood up from my seat and yelled, "WHAT?!"

Everyone around me tried to calm me down. Tony even paused the video and asked if I could please sit down. Eventually I did and he unpaused the video. My mom continued, saying,

"The superpowers we had found were telekinesis, flight, telepathy, teleportation, accelerated healing, and so many more that we couldn't discover until you were to wake up.