𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕: 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Los Angeles, Luke's POV:

After talking with Alex and Reggie about the party this Saturday, I decided to go to the beach to clear my mind.

I lost Julie.

But she was right, it could never work between us. I was a ghost and she was a lifer. I'll forever stay seventeen while she grows up.

I just wish that there was some way that I could get a second chance at life.

I sit on the warm sand and look at the ocean for a while, not really sure what to do next.

I feel lost.

Even though I had a life before Julie, I just feel like something is missing. Ever since that Emily girl gave me that gift on my birthday, she hasn't left my mind.

I always think of the possibility that maybe she's the emptiness that I feel in my life. I wonder where she is right now? If she still thinks about me.

I spawn my guitar to my hands and start to play for a little bit to ease my mind.

After a while, I decided to head back home since I had been at the beach for almost two hours.

When I get back, I see Alex and Reggie trying on tux's.

"I agreed to go to the party two hours ago, and you guys already have your outfits?" I say as I chuckle a bit and sit on the couch. "We're just excited." Alex says as he fixes his pink tux while Reggie buttons up his red one.

"Did you guys get something for me?" I ask as Reggie goes to the closet and takes out a blue tux. "Put it on!" He says. I take it and go inside the closet to change.

When I come out, both of them compliment how I look. "Wow!" Reggie says. "We definitely made a good choice." Alex says very proud of himself."

"It looks good." I say as we all go to a mirror to look at ourselves. "So about the party." I say as the boys hum in response. "Who's birthday is it?" I ask as they both freeze and stay quiet.

"Guys?" I wave my hands in front of their faces and they seem to snap out of it.

"Uhhh..." Alex says in a high pitched voice. "It's one of Willie's lifers friends... cousins... birthday... party." Reggie says as Alex groans and rolls his eyes. I look at the both of them confused and Alex clears things up. "She's a friend of Willie's that just so happens to be a lifer." He says.

"Oh, and I'm assuming that she can see ghosts?" I ask as they both look at each other. "Something like that." Alex says as he pats my back and they both go to change, leaving me a bit confused again.

"Ok then." I mutter to myself as I go to change as well. Once I'm don, I put my tux away and go to grab my songbook. When I do, I notice that both guys had left and out of the corner of my eye, I see the chest that Emily had given me. I put my journal down and kneel on the ground to open it.

Recently it's felt like somethings been drawing me to this chest.

Almost like magic.

I open it up and smile as I see all of the pictures and notes. I pick up a note that said,

"Can't wait for our first date tonight "

I could tell that I had written it based on the handwriting.

I put it down and pick up another note which said,

"I love you, Rockstar "