𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Midtown High: Cafeteria

It felt so weird. I knew that more powers would come eventually but, why now?

The person had to be someone from LA since I recognized the voice and they called me Emily.

If the vision was from the future, then I t couldn't be any of the boys because...well you know.

Bobby maybe?

But I don't even know where he is now. My old friend Roz? I don't know. Maybe my dad can help me out after school.

"Hey, you ok? You have the same look that you had on the way here." Peter whispers as he leans in closer to me, not wanting Ned, Mj, and/or Betty to hear him.

"Yeah...yeah, I'm fine." I smile at him but he doesn't seem to buy it. He doesn't question me about it anymore and we all continue to chat while eating our lunch.

When the bell rings, signaling the end of lunch, we all get up and go to PE which we all thankfully have together.

Although it was the first day, we still had to change into our PE clothes. We went into the gym and our coach just went over some basic things that we would be doing throughout the year like swimming, basketball, and even fitness tests.

After he finished, he let us all hang out for the rest of the class. We all chatted for a while until Ned asked, "So Maia, where you from?"

I hadn't actually realized that despite it being the first day of school, I was still technically a new girl. After all it is Junior year.

"Oh I'm actually from...LA!" I tell him. I know my dad said to not reveal my true identity, but I changed my name AND I haven't made it obvious that I'm from the 90s. I think I've done a pretty good job so far.

I can still talk about LA, just like a normal girl would if she moved.

"Oh my god, really?! Why'd you move to Queens? Did you see any celebrities? Have you been to Hollywood? Is it always a hundred degrees in California?" Ned asks, bombarding me with questions.

"Um..well to answer your questions, I moved to Queens because my dad got a job here. He's a mechanic and he thought it would be a good idea for us to move here and start a new life. Oh and for the record, I met tons of celebrities. And no, it's not always a hundred degrees." He nods, taking it all in and giving me a look of awe.

"Well what about your old friends? Tell us about them." Betty says.

Peter gives me a look that says, "you don't have to if you don't want to." I give him a smile to assure him that I was fine and started to talk.

"Well, I had a few best friends like Roz, she was great. We were best friends for a couple of years until she moved to Canada to live with her mom. I also had four amazing best friends. Bobby, Alex, Reggie, and...Luke. They were the bestest friends I could've ever asked for."

I took a while to continue, knowing that I couldn't mention anything about Sunset Curve or that they made music in case they wanted to hear it and maybe even find them online.

"Reggie was the sweet one. Whenever you needed someone to comfort you or even just to have a quick hug, he was always there for you. Bobby was the flirt. Anytime he would see a girl, he always made it his mission to get her number, but he was cool nonetheless. Alex was the fun one. When you first meet him he's a bit shy, but once you get to know him you realize just how much fun and loving he really is. Luke...he's special. He's the type of guy that is a bad boy on the outside, but such a sweetheart on the inside. Whenever he's passionate about something, he gets this sort of...fire in his eyes. He's kind, funny, and a bit rebellious."