Chapter 14 - Explanations

Hello Gorgeous readers! We hope you are enjoying this story as much as we enjoy writing it. Thanks to @MrsStyles9210 for this update! :) .xxx

Harry POV

 I walked home in silent shock. What just happened back there? How did he even get from his room clear down to the end of the driveway so quickly? It was a good walk to the end of the drive; he never would've made it even if he was just standing up by the house. I shook my head; none of it made any sense. None of it seemed remotely possible. But what IF....what if Louis was something...different?

I run into the house as fast as I can, locking myself in my room and booting up my laptop. I immediately open Google and type in "Cold-Blooded Creatures." I feel kinda stupid; of course none of that stuff really existed! I click on the first link that popped up, and I am pretty stunned to see the word "VAMPIRE" jumping at me from the top of the page. I slowly clicked the link, and some information popped up: "Vampires are undead creatures who used to be human....must feed on blood in order to survive and be sustained....super-human speed, pale features, and even cool body temperature were said to be reported on how vampires appear...." I froze; Louis had all three of those things. Was Louis....no. That just couldn't be right. Absolutely NOT!

The next day at school, Louis tried talking to me and I ignored and avoided him at all costs. He didn’t understand why I was avoiding him, and at lunch when Niall, Liam, and Ella were wondering what my problem was, I simply shrugged.

“PLEASE don’t tell me it’s that Louis guy,” Niall said. “Don’t you remember what I said to you?”

I nodded. “Yeah, yeah. That’s not my problem.”

Niall seemed to believe the lie, but Liam wasn’t so convinced. “I’ve seen the way you look at him. Today in English I saw you doodling his name in little hearts in your notebook.”

“Was NOT!” I lied.

“Was too,” Liam said, rolling his eyes playfully. “I saw you.”

“He’s trouble,” Ella said. “He and his siblings all are.”

I just shrugged. “Yeah. He’s different, though. VERY different.”

___

Louis’ POV

Danielle told me today at lunch why Harry had been avoiding me. Apparently he had it all figured out and was a little freaked out by it. Danielle said he was in shock, and that he would come around. I wasn’t convinced, not at all, so I decided to go after him after school.

He was walking to his car when I came up behind him, placing a hand on his shoulder. “JESUS CHRIST. You scared the piss out of me!” he screamed.

“Sorry!” I said, backing away a little. 

Harry sighed, closing his eyes a moment. “No. Come on. You and I are going for a little bit of a drive.”

“You know, don’t you?” I asked in a small voice.

“I don’t know what I know,” Harry said, crossing his arms across his chest. “I know what I read. I know what I read matches you EXACTLY.”

“What did you read?” my voice was barely a whisper now.

“About vampires,” Harry said. “About how they fit you almost down to a T. So c’mon. We’re going for a little ride and you have a lot of explaining to do.”