Chapter 17 - Risks

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to @MrsStyles9210. Hope you all enjoy this chapter and leave us some comments and votes! :) .xx  

Harry’s POV  

“MUM!” I called as I got through the door. “I’m home! I brought a friend!”

“I’m in the kitchen, sweetie!” my mother called, and I took Louis into the kitchen.  

“Mum, this is Louis Tomlinson, a ...friend from school,” I said. My mother smiled. “Aw, hello! Harry’s told me about you!”  

“Mum!” I said, giving her a wide-eyed, shut-up-Mum look.  My mother simply smiled. “Well. Any friend of Harry’s is always welcome, dear.”

  Louis smiled. “Thank you, Mrs. Styles. Means a lot.”

  “I’m Mrs. Cox, actually,” my mum said, grinning huge again. “But you can call me Anne.”  

“Okay...Anne,” Louis said. “Mind if I steal your son for awhile?”   “Not at all,” my mum said, clearly charmed by him. “Go ahead!”   Louis smiled, then took me outside of the kitchen. “Your room okay?”  

I gulped, nodding. “Yeah. Just–“   “Like I would,” Louis said, chuckling a little.   Something in his tone was hurtful. “So you’re saying you would never have sex with me?”  

Louis froze. “I didn’t say that. I just....your mother’s here and all. How romantic.”  

I laugh. “Yeah. Yeah...true.”   We walked up to my room and I opened the door. He sat on my bed and patted a spot next to him. I sat down, looking at him.

He looked at me seriously, his eyes burning intensely.    “Did you really mean what you said?” Louis asked, staring right into my eyes. “You’re not afraid?”  

I shook my head slowly. “I meant it.”   He nodded, sighing. “Harry...the risk of me being with you is great. Far greater than you think. Not to me, but to you.

What would I do if something happened to you?”   I raised an eyebrow. “Why would you care that much? We’re just friends.”   “But I do care about you,” Louis said.

“A lot. I want to protect you and take care of you. I just...don’t know if I can.”   “What do you mean?” I ask, confused.   “There are other vampires out there,” Louis says. ‘Dangerous ones. Ones that will kill you if given the chance. I’m...not strong enough to fight them off.That’s all.”

 “Well, what if I said I didn’t care?” I said. “What if I said....I wanted to be with you?”   Louis looked at me with wide, surprised eyes. “You...what?”   I didn’t say another word. I didn’t think they were necessary. Instead, I leaned in slowly and pressed my lips to his.