5; Warm Fingertips

It was dark out, and cooler compared to the day

It was dark out, and cooler compared to the day. Katsuki had spent the time staring off into the distance and counting the visible zombies they passed. He'd gotten to a total of thirty-six. Tomura's fingers were interlaced with his as him and Katsuki passed a cigarette between the two of them. It was quiet enough for them to talk with Dabi as they crawled through the empty streets. 

" Lovie, why were you a villain?" he asked. He felt Tomura shift to face him, but he kept his eyes on the dark surroundings.

"Why do you ask, babydoll?" The man returned, before continuing, " I don't remember my childhood before Sensei.And to be honest, the furthest back I can remember is being alone. Sensei took me in and because of that, I would follow him to the ends of time. Villains and heroes aren't that different actually; we do what we think is right. At the end of the day, it's all up to perspective"

"why were you gonna be a hero?" He heard Dabi ask.

Shrugging, Katsuki looked up to see the clear skies above them. "It wasn't for any real reason. I just wanted to be seen, I guess. I guess I could've been a better villain though. Honeybee; who were you before you were Dabi?"

"Before I was Dabi?" The man cleared his throat.Katsuki could tell that there was something big about  to be uncovered. "Before Dabi, my name was Touya. Touya TodorokI"

"The half 'n' half bastard's brother" Katsuki whispered, he heard Dabi laugh.

"Yeah. But I became Dabi to escape my life. And I'm so glad I did because now I've got a bunch of zombies and you two, of course" 

"Glad the zombies are fun" Katsuki dryly remarked, finally turning to face Dabi's general direction. He was met with joint laughter from the two men. Tomura hunched over with laughter, pulling gently on Katsuki's hand. Katsuki let the smile that formed stay. He really liked being with them.

"If I had to restart," He said after they had  been quiet for a few minutes.  " I'd be a villain. So that I'd get to meet you two sooner"

 Tomura cooed at him, letting go of his hand to tackle him in a hug. Dabi didn't respond, but he swore he heard the man give a sniffle-like breath.

---

The truck rolled to a soft stop in front of a house overlooking most of the city. Lights flickered on and off everywhere and Katsuki could even see a train passing in the distance. Tomura was sleeping next to him, head on Katsuki's leather jacket. Luckily, it was just past the official beginning of summer, so it was warmer. Dabi got out and moved to sweep through the house, gun and flashlight in hand. No shots were fired and Katsuki watched the city until Dabi came back out. The house was clear. 

"Shiggy, come, come" Dabi called, Tomura ever so slowly moved. Katsuki jumped down and started collecting their bags. When he returned to the back, Tomura was comfortably on Dabi's back, half-asleep.

"Empty?" Katsuki asked softly. Dabi nodded in return and started walking to the house. Katsuki followed.  The door was open,  so he simply pushed it closed behind him.  

He followed Dabi closely. They entered a bedroom after a few turns. The scarred man laid Tomura down gently while Katsuki set down the bags. He kicked off his boots and crawled up the bed to lay on the edge, leaving room for Dabi in the middle as the man removed his and Tomura's shoes. The bed dipped slightly as Dabi joined them. 

Katsuki leaned into the man's back as they got comfortable. He liked this. 

As he listened to his partners' breaths deepen and even out, he sighed. "Once upon a time" Katsuki whispered, as his father used to start every night. "there was a little boy name Tsuki... And when he was little, he used to dream about marrying a big strong man who would always love him, no matter what...And now that he's all grown up; Tsuki's got two. He's got twice as many loving partners..... An' he loves 'em too..." His voice trailed off as he fell asleep. As he did though, he heard a whisper back

"We love you too, Kitten"

Katsuki smiled as he fell asleep

My square-brained self over here has already planned this all out and done half of every chapter,  finished the final chapter, and moved onto the ✨sequel✨ because my brain got inspired for the later stuff. So fun. Yay.

Word Count: 798

  Note: Tsuki is pronounced as "Suki", I hate how it looks without the 't' so I keep it.