6; Summertime Resolutions

Katsuki sat alone with nothing but a view and a counter to tap on

Katsuki sat alone with nothing but a view and a counter to tap on. He wanted to visit Yuuei. At least to let them know he wasn't dead yet. That he was fine. His parents were there; he wanted to say something before they left for the oceanside. Maybe exchange IDs or something. He watched the sun rise and waited for his companions to wake. His stomach grumbled and a smile crossed his face. He scanned the street before opening the front door and jogging to the truck. He reached in through the open window and pulled out the plastic bag and jug of water. Katsuki returned to the house and scanned through the shelves. He carefully removed a pan and located the rice cooker on the countertop.

Katsuki opened the rice bag and poured enough for three people into the pan, adding purified water, he washed it until the water came clear. He poured the strained rice into the cooker and added water until it covered his first knuckle, He turned that on the cooker and moved on to the soup. There were four cans. He could use two now and save the other two for another day. He rinsed his pan with the water from the jug then placed it on the stove to wait while he opened the cans. They were the pull tab cans, so he got them open easily.

"This is what hero training is for;" He laughed. "opening shit"

katsuki poured the cans onto the pan, checking how the consistency looked and how it smelled along with how the cans looked. Nothing was gross looking nor bad smelling so he continued, turning on the heat of the stove. He was glad that the electricity was still on. Somehow. He searched the drawers for a spoon and when he did, he hoisted himself up to sit on the counter and stir the pan.

He sat there, boredly stirring until Dabi walked in. " Good morning, honeybee"

" Mornin' Kitten. Did you sleep good?" He nodded with a 'mhm' sound.

"Shiggy up yet?"

The man shook his head, "nah"

"We're gonna have to make a plan some time"

"Yeah, I know" Dabi replied.

"Let's go to the ocean" Tomura's voice rasped. Katsuki looked up. The man was wrapped in a blanket, obviously tired. Katsuki snorted. Tomura had slept more than any of them.

"Did you just wake up Lovie?"

"Yeah"

"Mornin' Sunshine" Dabi said, moving to kiss Tomura's cheek. Katsuki smiled, turning the heat off on the stove. He wanted every morning to be like this.

"The ocean, huh?" The scarred man "I like that. How 'bout you, Kitty?"

"I like that. It's practical too, not many people live on some beaches. Let's go west, it should be safer that way. Food's done"

Katsuki served them, hopping off the counter to join them at the table. He wondered whose house this was. As they ate, Katsuki felt the thoughts from earlier eating himself from the inside out.

So he let it out, "I wanna see my parents" They looked to him and he turned away, "I might never have the chance again"

"Babydoll..." Katsuki kept his eyes on the floor next to him.

"Look at me Kitten," Katsuki locked eyes with the man. "Anything you ever want, you can always ask. Anything. We'd go to the ends of the earth for you"

"Always" Tomura added in. Katsuki's eyes stung and he wiped at them.

"Thank you" he whispered. 

When they had finished eating, Katsuki washed their bowls while his partners reloaded the truck. As he dried his hands with a rag, Katsuki wandered around, looking for any photographs. He spotted one on the wall in the living room and picked it up. It was of a family. A mother, father, and a daughter in her early adulthood. It was a happy photo, they were in front of a building that read, 'now open' and the daughter had the happiest look. The parents looked proud. The daughter probably owned the place. 

"Babydoll, what're you doing?" He jumped.

"Just looking around. Are you guys done?"

"Yeah, but the shower is clean here so if you wanna take one..." 

Katsuki grinned, "That's great" 

"I set you out some clothes"

"Thanks, Lovie" He ran to the bedroom where they'd been staying, taking the photo with him. It was like an ID. Something to remember people by. He hoped that the house owners were okay, but he knew that they weren't. He mentally thanked them for letting him and his partners use the house as he stripped for the shower.

Word Count: 806

I finished all of the chapters after this one already hehe. Might publish it all at once...