03.5: in her care

"Usse yahan par letao, Farhad

"Usse yahan par letao, Farhad. Aur family doctor ko phone kar diya, Harish?" Pallavi told the two men who accompanied her in bringing Raghav home.

"Haan, Akka," Harish responded. "Yeh lo, first-aid kit."

Pallavi took the first-aid kit from his hands and opened it up to reveal the ointment bottles and gauze. The two men had already helped with washing the excess blood from Raghav's body and assisted with removing his soiled shirt.

"Pallavi, mujhe ek important matter ko sort karna hai. Aap Anna ka marham patti kar aur phir me driver se bolunga ki aap ko Krishna ki ghar drop karna hai. Theek hai?" Farhad said and Pallavi nodded in understanding.

Harish caught onto what Farhad was talking about and said, "Woh diamonds ka silsila mein, right? Mera ek banda—"

"Harish," Farhad said pointedly, glancing at Pallavi's curious gaze. "Hum bahar baat kar le? Hmm?" Farhad didn't give Harish a chance to respond and just dragged the confused man out of the room, leaving a confused woman behind.

Pallavi turned towards the half-naked, unconscious man in front of her. At this point, she didn't feel the need to shy away from Raghav's toned body since he seemed to flaunt it every chance he got when she came to his house. He just so happened to be lifting that tire, without a shirt, every time she came by.

She sighed from tiredness and gently applied some ointment to the drying wounds before leaning closer to his torso to wrap the gauze around him properly. A yawn escaped her lips as she taped the bandage down.

"Aaj raat ke liye yahan par so jao," Raghav croaked out in a sleepy voice as he opened his eyes.

"Kya?" Pallavi abruptly asked and pulled away from him, partly because she was stunned by Raghav being awake. But she didn't stop dabbing the spots of sweat that were littered along his body.

"Yahan par so jao. Waise bhi woh Deshmukh paagal khaana ko fikar nahi hai tumhaare baare mein aur Krishna ki Amma tumse nafrat karti hai. Toh kahan reh sakti ho tum aaj raat ke liye?" Raghav said, fully awake now.

"Krishna ki Amma kal subah aarahi hai Mumbai se. Me subah se pehle unki ghar se nikal jaoongi," Pallavi said as she packed up the first aid kit.

"Bilkul nahi. It's dangerous for you to be on the streets before sunrise," he said and held her hand that was resting on his body so she wouldn't leave.

"I'll have 100 on speed dial. Don't worry," she said and slipped her hand out from underneath his.

"No, it's my responsibility to protect you. And I take my responsibilities very seriously, tere ko patha hai," he said and managed to grab her hand again before she completely retracted it.

"Acha theek hai, baba. Mein aaj raat kil liye yahan rahungi. Kis kamra mera hai?" Pallavi asked him.

"Ek saaf kamra neeche hai. Usko use kar sakte," he said and pointed downwards referring to the guest bedroom downstairs.