35. spark

35. spark

       Probably just a relative visiting, I thought as I walked in.

       Daniel pushed the door closed and started inhaling the awkwardness.

       “Abby, hey!” Drew flashed a smile at me.  He was wearing a black shirt, which sleeves were wrapped tightly on his arms, showing his soft muscle curve.  His eyes suddenly fell on Daniel who was behind me.  He gave me a look as if asking why he was here.  I wished he could also read my eyes and tell me who the girl sitting right next to him was.

       “Hey,” I replied, pretending I didn’t notice the girl.

       Daniel forced a friendly, “Hey,” as if that was going to change a thing.  He stood behind me; feeling a little bit scared.  Drew’s glare made him weak, I could tell.  I jerked my elbow on his side to toughen him up.  He looked like he was going to barf at that minute.

       Drew kept an eye out for Daniel and it was obvious that he wasn’t prepared to forgive him just yet.  I didn’t care him acting so rude to Daniel.  It wasn’t my problem anymore.  What bugged me was that girl who’s sitting right next to my Drew.

       I waited for him to introduce the girl who wore a tight blue shirt and jeans.  Her hair was messily tied in a bun and her eyes were very similar to what you call a cat’s eye.  She looked petite, sitting on that couch, almost looked like a lost kitten.

       I looked back at Drew.  I could tell that Drew wasn’t very comfortable with Daniel in the room.  He’d stole some glares at him and tried to hold himself back on that couch.

       After some tight glares and mutual communication between them, Drew looked back at me with a soft smile and then to the girl, “This is Mirah, by the way,”

       “Hi guys,” she greeted very shyly; her voice was very tiny and quiet as if we’re going to eat her or something.  The girl was like a cat, I tell you.

       “And Mirah, this is Abigail.” he motioned at me and left Daniel out, “Mirah lives just across the street from our house.” Drew continued.

       “Hi, Abigail. Nice to meet you,” she purred and let out a small grin, I bet that was a fake one.

       “Hey, Mirah,” I said, forcing a smile.

       She noticed Daniel and was maybe waiting for Drew to introduce him to her.  But Drew couldn’t care less.

       “We’ve been neighbours since we were nine.” Mirah said softly, as if we were really interested in hearing their history, “Once I heard Drew hurt himself, I ran off and went here to see if he’s okay.”

       “Well he’s fine,” I said too suddenly.

       “I’m feeling a lot better,” Drew flexed his arms and made sure his hand was still in the right position the doctors had said.

       “That’s very nice to know.” she gazed at Drew’s eyes, “Your father is really worried, you know.”

       “Nah, he’ll be alright.”

       “I wish so,” she said. With those alluring eyes, I could obviously tell that she wanted to touch Drew’s soft hair and kiss him right there.  She was so easy.  I was starting to hate her.

       She stood and pulled up her very skinny jeans, “It was nice meeting you,” she looked at me and the invisible Daniel, “But I need to go, I have ballet,” she grabbed her jacket hanging on the foot of the bed, “See you, Drew!”