Chapter 1

"Kade, could you come help with this grain?" Natalie said as she put her long curly brown hair into a messy bun.

"Hang on... Give me a second," Kade told her as he read the last paragraph of Grandpa Joe's will.

"I finish this will by leaving my prized heirloom, the family dairy, to be shared by my grandkids, Mathew, Alysha, Jason, Natalie, and Kade. I want them to work together and run the dairy. If they don't, the dairy will go to my second wife, Betty-May. I send my love. -Joseph Martin Holland"

Kade stares at his grandfather's signature as he sat in his grandfather's chair, which was now technically his chair that he shared with his cousins and his sister.

"Kade!!! Hurry the hell up, the sun's about to go down!" Natalie hollered at him from outside the office.

She had the golf cart turned on and was ready to deal with the next problem of the day: Mrs. Betty-May Gash-Holland. Kade walked outside of the office.

"Let's go." He said and he joined Natalie on the golf cart.

They added grain to the already placed hay and drove back to Grandpa Joe's house, or what at one point was Grandpa Joe's house. While driving to the porch, they heard a familiar voice.

"So then she asked, 'Alysha where did you move my famous strawberry custard?' And I was like 'Um... Why would I touch anything you touch? I don't wanna catch your entitled bitch syndrome' and then I was like-" She stopped and looked up, "Kade! Natalie!" She exclaimed as she hugged them both, "How have you two been? I know Grandpa's passing has been hard on everyone. Especially on you Kade."

Kade looks up and touches her shoulder, "I'll be okay..." he looked to his right, "Oh shit! I didn't see you there Jason. I guess Alysha wasn't being mentally insane and talking to no one." He laughed and Alysha hit his shoulder.

"Oh hey cousin," Jason and Kade shook hands, "This is my fiancée Julianna."

"Oh hey Julianna I'm Kade," he shook her hand. "This is my sister Natalie." Julianna and Natalie shook hands as well.

"Nice to meet you both, I can't wait to be a part of your family." She smiles and then looks at Jason. Kade felt the warmth from their connection.

After a fun conversation, the grandkids enter the house where they meet up with the quiet Mathew.

"So is it really true that you're the one who arm-wrestled Cooper Hayes in an Olive Garden?" Alysha asked Mathew as they sat around the oak dining room table.

"You actually believed that? You're such an idiot." Mathew said as the old farmhouse filled with laughter.

The grandkids shared a turkey and enjoyed pie for dessert. As they finally finished the devil herself entered. Betty-May Theodora Lynn Gash-Holland.

Everyone stays silent, finally, Betty-May spoke up, "Well is anyone gonna say 'Hi' to your lovely grandma?"

"You're not our grandma." Natalie snapped back.

"You selfish little shit, I don't know why you kids hate me so much your so ungrateful-"

Alysha got up, "You used my grandfather, you saw that my grandfather's mental state after my grandma's passing and you took advantage of the poor old man, you cowardly bitch." Alysha took a breath but never broke eye contact with the witch.

"I can't believe you kids think I'm that bad of a person," she scoffed and used her palm to rub her forehead. "I don't even feel bad about this anymore, I'm selling the dairy."

"You can't do that, and you know you can't! I read the will, I've held it in my hands-'' Betty-May cuts him off, "What will? Your Grandpa's idiotic will can easily destroyed."

"Wait a minute..." Natalie looked at Kade. "Kade, where did you put the will?"

"What? I don't remember."

"Kade, you moron! You should have known this bitch had something up her old ass sleeve." Alysha snarled.

"I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to-" Kade was interrupted by Natalie standing up and slamming a vase onto the floor.

"Nat what the hell-" Alysha said.

"The bitch was trying to make us fight and record it."

She pulled a camera outta the vase. Everyone shut up, you could hear the cows mooing fading as they lay to rest.

"I'll get my way kids, I'm gonna sell the dairy. Don't test me."

Kade slammed his fists into the table, "You won't if I have anything to do with it." He walked out of the townhouse and sat on the end of the porch steps. He put his face in his palms and then a man approached and just sat there with him. "Who are you?" Kade asked.

"I'm Ben, and I'm just a ranch hand."