h o p e l e s s.

𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔his best friend always seemed annoyed when she's around

𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔
his best friend always seemed annoyed when she's around. why does he feel that way?

✧˖*°࿐
Jaemin stared at his best friend who sat in front of him.

His hand writing something on their Mathematics notebook. The most serious look on Jeno's face.

"Are you okay?" Jaemin asked him, Jeno hummed as a yes.

"You don't look okay," a pout made its way to Jaemin's lips.

"Yeah, I can't tell..." Jeno continued, his voice stone cold which puzzled Jaemin.

Jaemin shrugged it off and his face lit up when he remembered. He placed his palm on top of Jeno's notebook.

"I have a date this Saturday!" His voice was too loud for Jena not to hear, even if it was unintentional.

"WHAT!?" They turned their head to face Donghyuck who was suddenly smacked by Renjun.

"You're kidding?" Jeno ignored them and asked Jaemin who bobbed his head as a yes.

The older was bewildered, shocked, unable to process everything. He glances at Jena who looks disappointed.

"Jaem!" The students in the classroom faced the girl who entered. The cheerful smile plastered on Hyejin's face.

"Jinnie~," Jaemin embraced her.

"Are you excited? I can't wait for Saturday," her voice was bubbly. Her fingers intertwined with Jaemin's soft ones.

On the other side of the room, Jena was at the brink of tears. Her heart broken into so many shards.

Jeno saw the sadness displayed on his sister's expression. His glare landed on the happy pair in front of him.

Suddenly, Donghyuck clapped his palms.

"I heard you got yourself a date with Beomgyu!" He made sure his raised voice is heard by all.

"Wah, really!? You didn't tell us too!" Renjun reacted quickly. Jena sat still, puzzled about what they were saying.

"Jena!" They noticed Beomgyu entering their classroom. He runs towards her, his hair almost covered his eyes.

"They accepted us! They accepted us! Let's go tell Yeonjun and the others!" His face was so lit up at the news. Jena's eyes widen, knowing what the boy meant.

The two best friends got puzzled immediately. They were kidding and now, what was happening?

"Come on!" Beomgyu grasped her palm and dragged her out of the classroom.

Students begin whispering and talking about the student body president and vice-president.

Jaemin and Jeno stood there confused about what just happened.

✧˖*°࿐

Beomgyu skipped out of the meeting room. The widest smile stuck on his face as Jena followed behind him.

Beomgyu was about to speak until he hears some voices.

He turns his head and sees Jaemin and Hyejin by her locker. The two didn't seem to be stopping at flirting any time soon.

Beomgyu turns at Jena and his smile disappeared. Jena was frowning and avoiding to look at the pair.

Quickly, Beomgyu takes something from his locker. He reached it out to Jena who was surprised by his actions.

"I really tried," Jena glanced at what he was holding.

It was an origami butterfly. The crumples and folded bits visible from trying countless times.

She smiles and places the butterfly in her palms.

"Thank you... It's cute," she laughs.

"It's not as good as yours but I really tried. At least, it can distract your broken heart for a few seconds," that made Jena awe.

"You're so sweet, thank you." Jena decides to ignore the pair on her side. Her focus on the paper butterfly Beomgyu made.

Her love may hopeless but at least, her happiness isn't.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ author's note

So it goes like this:

Fluff ➾ angst ➾ fluff ➾ more angst