w o r s t.

𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒕
my dreams are getting too specific... it's getting worst.

✧˖*°࿐
JENA OPENS HER EYES to see herself in an empty classroom. The classroom looked nothing like hers.

However, she does hear voices from the other classroom.

She takes a peek and sees Jeno and others with him. Spicy snacks and foods rest on his desk.

A familiar junior, Park Jisung was with him, Jaemin and Haechan as well.

Wait... Jaemin?

SUDDENLY, SHE WAS TAKEN to the outside of the campus.

There she sees Jaemin exiting the school.

"Onto the next school... I'll see you again in the future... It's your turn."

"Mark Lee."

Some kind of door appeared in front of him and he went through it.

Once again, the car crash begins to flash in her head.

There she sat again on the side, the lifeless body in front of her. However, instead of going farther, it was going nearer.

Nearer.

And nearer...

And nearer...

Until she could see a faint look of his face. The black hair stuck to his forehead with blood. It covered his eyes.

She gasps when she sees the familiar lips that has droplets of blood on them.

She backs away but the scene only gets closer to her and suddenly, her back hits something.

She looks up to see herself once again.

Her eyes purple and her hair completely black. She frowns.

"It's your fault."

JENA WAKES UP IN A PANIC...

The sunlight goes through her window, she could hear the birds chirping outside.

She was sweating, even though her room was extremely cold. She covers her mouth as she got the urge to throw up.

The lips of the lifeless boy she saw in her dream looked indentical to him, to Na Jaemin.

She's afraid... What if it happens? It cannot happen, right?

Her amulet was on his palms too as if he pulled it from her neck... Then how come she saw herself?

Her eyes shone purple and her hair was black. Jena was confused, afraid that her dreams were only getting worst.

The boy's face was getting clearer every time she dreams about it. It was terrifying, she wished to never dream about it but oh well...

She cannot control it.

Her fingers caress the amulet that's still around her neck. The baby blue amulet that her grandmother gave her.

She shook her head and ignored the lingering thoughts in her head. She gets up from her bed and enters her bathroom.

She needs to get ready for school.

✧˖*°࿐
NEVER HAS JENA EVER THOUGHT about going back to school and ignore Jaemin.

She realized the letter disappeared from her bag, so maybe, Jaemin got it. She doesn't know how but she believes he did.

She enters her classroom, only to be greeted by the figure of one person. She's early again and is left with Jaemin.

She avoids Jaemin's gaze but noticed his gloomy and hesitant looks.

She takes a seat on her chair and suddenly, she could feel Jaemin getting closer to her. She begins to feel discomfort.

"Jena, is it you?" He asked, she had it coming.

Jaemin placed the far too familiar envelope on her desk. She gulped down the lump on her throat.

"So what if it is me?" She pulls out a book from her bag. The little bookmark stood out between the pages.

"Please, is it you?" He asked once more. His voice sounded desperate, he wanted to know.

"Why do you bother, Jaemin? You got Hyejin, you're now dating her. Even if it was me, you've broken me." Jena calmly stated.

She knows he was played, she was used. She couldn't blame him but her heart have been broken far too many times.

After it has been mended, it shatters and the shards falls to the ground until it cycles but this time, it stayed broken.

"I can't blame you but I'm broken, Jaemin. You can't fix me after everything." Her voice remained stern and emotionless.

"Getting together with me would only pained me even more because you have to reject Hyejin!" Jaemin was aware.

He was aware of everything and his heart cannot handle everything. He was played and wanted to confront Hyejin about it.

At the same time, he wants Jena back but after everything, he realized that he moved too quick with Hyejin.

"Just... Just forget about me, Jaemin. Live your life with your girlfriend." Jena stands up from her seat but Jaemin held her wrist.

"I know I have my faults, I know that! I want to clear things because I was the one that was played here, Jena! I truly care about you!" Jaemin confessed.

"I can't blame you if you hate me but truly, I like you," he continued. However, he got a scoff as a reply.

"You didn't even consider thinking about it when you got together with Hyejin." There it is again, her broken heart clinging on the side of the cliff.

"Jena, please," Jena pushes Jaemin away from him.

"No, leave me alone, Jaemin!" She cries as she held onto the desk for support.

"You found your so-called secret admirer and immediately, forgets your feelings for me... I-I can't handle this," Jena could feel her legs getting weaker.

Suddenly, her amulets starts to burn once more. Annoyed, she removes it from her neck but when her eyes landed on it...

The baby blue color has disappeared, it's now gray.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ author's note

Another thing abt the amulet?? 👀

Also I rlly cannot guarantee a happy ending for this but here's a little explanation to it!

This book is just a prologue to the Soulmate Series!

So definitely the ending is more explanatory?? Then sad or happy??

But it will definitely explain a lot of stuff from the Soulmate Series books from before and in the future.

Once again, this is the book of how Jaemin became the Soulmate Cupid!