Chapter Seven- Vegas/Home

~Talia's point of view~

Saturday night, Jerry talked to me a lot. It was weird. He's a newer guy; he's young. I've only met him a few times. Mike asked Cage to fill in again this morning. Our plane doesn't leave until evening. After last night I was going to be covered. I had guys I've known for years ogling me, among other things.

Cage: "Love the holes in the jeans, Babe. Not loving the shirt."

Talia: "I love watching you work, Cage. What I don't like is guys I've known most of my life looking at me like I'm a jolly rancher they want to lick."

Cage: "Was it that bad?"

Talia: "Jerry and James were great. The others were staring all night. I'm not doing that again; I'll support you as I always have. I'm not going to share what I have intentionally or unintentionally with the workers."

Cage: "Damn you cutting Jaxon and me off again?"

Talia: "No, dipshit. I'm talking about the other perverts down there."

Cage: "I know, Babe. I was picking on you."

Talia: "Not funny, Cage."

We pack everything and have it waiting, so we don't have to do it when we come back.

Cage: "Are you sure you're ok with this?"

Talia: "Yes, just know I'm going straight to James."

Cage: "I know. I'm ok with that. I can see you two are close. I also know it will never go anywhere. Oh yeah, I wanted to ask you about Chris C..."

Talia: "What about him?"

Cage: "I found a twelve-page letter he had written you in your bedroom closet."

Talia: "Why were you in my closet?"

Cage: "Honestly?"

Talia: "Yes."

Cage: "After you moved in with Garrett, I knew you left some clothes. I'd go in there to get your smell. I wasn't snooping, I swear. I knocked a book down it fell out."

Talia: "Did you read it?"

Cage: "I did."

Talia: "I never slept with him if that's what you want to know."

Cage: "He went into detail of all the things he wanted to do to you."

Talia: "I know. I loved him. I loved the dark side. He was the different one, the crazy one; Pops knew I was close to him. If you didn't notice when he was in the building, I had nothing to do with you guys. I was in his locker room. Pops told me his secret, so I never let it go anywhere. We'd flirt back and forth. He was always respectful. He even told me when he handed me the letter that if things were different, he'd make sure that what was in the letter came true."

Cage: "You think he knew he was sick? You think the rumor was true?"

Talia: "I know it was. Shante told me. She said she was clean, but Chris wasn't."

Cage: "He told you all that in those letters knowing he was not only sick but married."

Talia: "How do you think he got what he did, Cage? It wasn't by being faithful to Shante."