Chapter Fourteen- Happy endings.

~Talia's point of view~

I've been helping Veronica with the babies. It's been fantastic for passing the time; Gracie Jayne is legally theirs. The petition for the adoption of Cora is set for two weeks from now. It's been three weeks since the test was done. We are in the living room; It's time to feed the babies. Veronica chose to bottle feed since they had two. We all scrambled to get everything ready for a second baby before they came home from the hospital.

Veronica: "Which monster do you want?"

Talia: "Give me Matt."

Matt always spits up. He has a bit of reflux, so the pediatrician changed his formula. Gracie Jayne was on regular formula, and Matt was on sensitive formula. I love these babies. I never thought I'd have nieces or nephews. I now have three. I'm so proud of Robbie; he's very involved when he is home. He and Joe are retiring. They both want to be home with their families. Unfortunately, that means they will be gone for a couple weeks.

Talia: "Give me both of them for now while you go make the bottles."

Veronica: "I'll be right back."

Gabby: "Give me one!"

Talia: "Fine."

Gabby comes and takes Matt. Leaving me with Gracie Jayne.

Cora: "Aunt Tay?"

Talia: "Hmm?"

Cora: "When will your babies be here?"

Talia: "Three months."

Cora: "Will they be like Gracie Jayne and Matty?"

Talia: "I don't know yet. You love your brother and sister, don't you?"

Cora: "Mmhmm. They grow up to be big like me.

Veronica comes back and hands me Gracie Jayne's bottle, and she tries to take Matt from Gabby, but it didn't work.

Gabby: "He may be your baby, but he's my nephew."

Talia: "Why don't you go take a nap? We got them for now."

Veronica: "Are you sure?"

Gabby: "Yes. Now go."

Veronica: "Come on, Cora, nap time."

Talia: "Nope. We got her too. Go, Veronica. If we need you, we will come get you."

With Robbie gone, I've been getting up with her at night. I've been sleeping in her room with her. My men haven't said a word they understand.

Cora: "Aunt Gabby?"

Gabby: "Yes, Sweetheart?"

Cora: "I firsty."

Casey: "I got it.

Talia: "Thank you."

Casey: "Come with me, Cora."

Cora: "Ok, Aunt Sasey."

Casey takes Cora to the kitchen. We've all been really good at having each other's backs.