Epilogue

Keith woke up in a hospital bed. The first thing he thought about is Pico. He tried moving his body, but he couldn't. Cherry woke up when she noticed Keith's hand wasn't on hers anymore. She quickly stood up and called the doctor.

"I'm so glad you're alive, Keith!" Cherry cried, giving him a gentle hug.

"Me too," Keith said.

The doctor immediately came in, giving Keith multiple tests. That ended quickly though as they see not that much problem with him.

"How long was I out?" Keith asked Cherry.

"Half a year," Cherry said.

"Holy- how have you been?"

"Oh you know... I took over my dad's position and let everyone go. My family might get bankrupt but... I never wanted the blood money anyway," Cherry said. "I'll be fine."

Two strangers for Keith rushed inside the room.

"Keith! We're glad you're alive," the girl said.

"Thanks stranger," Keith chuckled.

"This is Nene and Darnell. They're Pico's friends," Cherry introduced.

"Where's Pico?" Keith asked.

The room became silent. Keith became worried because of it.

"Pico... He died," Nene said.

"I'm sorry, Keith," Darnell apologized.

"It can't be..." Keith laughed, choking in his tears. "You're joking."

Cherry gave him a hug. Keith buried his face in her shoulder and cried. He felt his heart getting smashed repeatedly.

"Thanks but... Can you leave me for a bit?" Keith said.

"Of course," Cherry nodded, pulling away from the hug.

"Keith, we're here for you, okay?" Darnell said before exiting the room.

"Let's go, babe," Nene whispered as she held Cherry's hand. They both exited the room together.

Keith looked at his right. A bunch of get well soon cards and whatnot. He looked at his bracelet and opened the compass. He closed it and held it close to him.

"You said you'd come running into my arms... You promised you'd come back..."

----

Keith got out of the hospital for another month. Walking became easier for him now. He also went to the therapist to make him feel better. He still couldn't hold the burden of losing his friend.

His new friends Nene, Darnell, and Cherry tried to make him feel his best by inviting him to hang out. No, it's never been the same.

He started going to parties to distract himself. He's not happy nor living his best life which makes him disappointed.

"Aw man... Pico will be so disappointed if he sees me like this," Keith said with a chuckle.

"What's with this Pico guy? You kept mentioning him or what he'd feel in the moment," Keith's friend asked.

"It's nothing," he said.

Keith threw away his drink, going to the bathroom. He washed his face and put cold water under his eyes to reduce the puffiness. He went out of the party without a word.

Keith went to the usual place he always goes to when he feels troubled. The place that exploded. He sat down in the middle of the train tracks again. He remembered it getting blown up and he flew away to the other side. Now he knows why, and he misses him dearly.

He rested his head on his knees, gripping the sleeves of his shirt. His tears blurring his visions.

He couldn't do it anymore. But there's a lot of reasons to hold on. He found it after years of patiently waiting. The world took him away from him though. This goddamn thing you call life.

Keith looked at the bracelet. It confused him since it's pointing to the South when he was facing the North.

"Hey..."

Keith widened his eyes, his head quickly lifting up to finally see him. He wiped away his tears and stood up.

"I'm sorry... I can't take it anymore. I can't stay away from you."

"You're not a ghost, aren't you? Am I starting to hallucinate?" Keith panicked.

"Plus... I promised I'd come back."

He hugged Keith, making him feel secured. Keith escaped a hiccup, hugging back hungrily.

"Nah, I'm real as a... Deal? Yeah," Pico tried to rhyme.

"Don't leave me ever again," Keith said, basically choking Pico from the hug.

Pico didn't mind. He really wanted Keith's hugs. They pulled away eventually though.

"I won't," Pico said. "Let's run away together, start a new life... Leave everything behind."

Keith nodded with a smile.

Pico wiped away his tears, cupping the blue haired boy's cheeks after.

"Hey Keith."

"Hmm?"

"You complete me."

"I love you too."