9 - Process of Elimination

"If you're not going to do your job, then just quit and be killed. You're wasting my time."

Pico stood in the same room. The room of secret and scolding.

"You hurt my daughter. Love isn't a process of elimination."

Pico thought that it wasn't his fault that Cherry wouldn't want to listen.

"That blue boy will come back running to my princess and hurt her again. It's best if you stay back, or die."

"I'll do it," Pico spoke. "I'll die. Just leave Keith alone."

Daddy dearest smirked. He crossed his arms and leaned on the wall. "Okay, deal."

Pico exited the room. He knew he wouldn't get the end of his bargain.

He stopped when he saw Senpai approaching him. He stared when he tried to be intimidating when walking towards him.

"I'll finally get to kill you," Senpai said. "I have orders."

Pico didn't care anymore if he defies the rules or not. He knows Senpai isn't his target yet so he can't kill him. He also knows that he's going to die soon. He shaked his hand, finally feeling his weapon on his hand. He threw it at Senpai who didn't have enough time to move. The dart hit his shoulder.

He angrily took it out off his shoulder, feeling the blood gush out of it. He grabbed the gun out of his pocket and shot him. Pico dodged it and ran away in the open.

"You'll ain't gonna be an assassin if you kill out in the open or tell your target you're gonna killin' 'em," Pico said.

"Shut up! I don't want to hear your first and last words for me," Senpai said, rushing to get him.

Pico was not that tall but he still managed to outrun Snepai who is clearly taller than him by a few inches. Pico stopped and turned to Senpai. He spread his arms signalling him to shoot. Senpai thought this was a mockery so he did shoot at him. Pico missed, running away. Soon he heard sirens howling.

Pico smirked, his trap working.

"Get back here, Pico!" Senpai exclaimed. "If I can't kill you-"

Pico stopped when he saw a growing shadow in front of him. He turned around and saw a Senpai suffer as he turned into a demon. His eyes and head finally stopped from going up when the demon went into his full form.

The demon attack, Pico was unable to dodge from that. He felt his chest rip apart by the claws that grew out of nowhere. He grabbed a gun and shot at it. It went through the demon, screaming in agony. He held his chest finally feeling a sharp pain. He stumbled and punched it, feeling a familiar body part. Pico knew it. Senpai is still there.

He got swept away by an aggressive slap. Pico groaned as he landed on the wall. He felt a few bones broke from that. He grabbed a cigarette from his pocket and lit it with his lighter. He smirked and grabbed two guns. He shot the demon to distract it again. He threw a smoke bomb in the surroundings and charged the demon by punching it. He felt Senpai's arms again. He aggressively yanked him away from the demon.

"Noooo!" The demon cried. "Without a body and an angry soul I will- I will! Noooo!"

With the evil hands from the underworld, the demon was home again.

"You don't see that everyday," a girl with a nun outfit said. Her friend who is beside her and who's wearing an ushanka nodded in reply.

"Alright, what's this ruckus all about?" The policeman said. They finally arrived.

Pico put the gun back in his pocket. It's no use because they saw him with it but he did it anyway.

"Oh! False alarm people. He just had a bad day," the police said, excusing the curious people.