6 - Nice Job 'Assassin'

Keith looked around. He was getting distracted again.

"What are you looking for, Keith?" Cherry asked, holding his hand.

"OH uhm, nothing," Keith said.

"Nothing again? You've been doing this for a week and a half."

He heard the automatic door opened again. He yanked his head in that direction. Finally, someone he's been expecting.

"Pico!" Keith exclaimed, jumping towards his direction. He was about to hug him but stopped. "I'm going to hug you, okay?"

Pico looked at him confused. He didn't know why he had to ask for permission.

Keith hugged him anyway.

"Hi, Pico," Cherry greeted.

Pico tried to push Keith away but he was glued at him. He felt a familiar affection though. He rests his head on top of Keith's cap, melting with affection. He felt the casual pounding from his heart that he never notices in a while nor felt.

"Uh... Okay then," Cherry said with a smile.

"Hi lovelies," they were interrupted by someone calling them.

"Hi, Senpai!" Keith greeted, releasing the hug.

Pico narrowed his eyes at Senpai. Senpai gave him a wide fake smile.

"Oh good. It looks like you two know each other," Cherry said.

For an assassin, Senpai is very open. Pico wouldn't be surprised if one day he gets tracked by his stranger friends and gets arrested.

"We should go to the park!" Keith suggested.

"I can't. My dad wants me to stay here for a reason that I don't know," Cherry said.

"I hate your dad! He's such a competition," Keith said angrily.

"I'll be free tomorrow though. You can go on ahead," Cherry said. She pecked Keith's lips and walked away.

"Men's night out?" Keith asked the two.

Pico shrugged.

"That would be great!" Senpai said. "Pico is in bodyguard duty though. Pico, mind doing your job?"

Pico shook his head no.

"Pico! Neglecting your duties?" Senpai said with a dramatic gasp.

Pico furrowed his eyebrows, clenching his fists and walked away.

"See you later, Pico!" Keith waved at his back.

"Or never," Senpai muttered inaudibly with a creepy smile.

Pico looked at them as they left. He smiled as he found a plan.

"You know, we could go to my apartment and play video games. We could even bake something for your girlfriend," Senpai said.

They walked under the hot beaming sun. Keith skipped as he walked.

"That sounds like a good idea!" He replied.

Senpai looked at his back just in case. He wanted to check if Pico was following him. He turned around when he showed no signs.

"Why are you always doing that?" Keith asked.

Senpai didn't notice that they stopped walking. He gave him a smile and patted his head.

"It was nothing. Just women swooning for me, no big deal," Senpai replied.

They continued their tracks.

"Wow! You must be really attractive," Keith said.

Senpai looked at his back when he noticed something. He knew it, the green sweatered assassin was following them this whole time. He wasn't sure though so raised his head and looked at it. Now he's sure, it's just a garbage bag. He turned his attention back to Keith but he wasn;t there anymore.

"What the-" He looked around for that short boy in that crowd of people. "Damnit," he cursed.

He noticed a sticky note on his sleeve though. He was so focused that he didn't notice it. He read the note.

"Nice job 'assassin'"

That messy handwriting and mockery.

"Fucking Pico," Senpai cursed.

---

Pico covered Keith's mouth with his hand. In his other hand he's holding his gun. He gripped it and observed the people's expression. If it turns to curiosity, he'd know that Senpai is near.

Keith didn't know what was happening. He was pinned against the wall just by his mouth covered. Pico was leaning on him to prevent him from leaving, his knee is between his legs to make him take time to 'escape'. But those didn't matter, Keith was frozen in place anyway.

"Pico?" Keith tried to say. His voice muffled though.

The assassin took his hand from Keith's mouth. He held his hand as they escaped the scene. He decided they should go in the opposite direction instead of the busy people.

"What was that?" Keith asked, hopping off the fence.

Pico signed using his hands. He decided to finally communicate with Keith rather than him trying to figure out everything.

"I don't understand sign language?" Keith said.

Pico sighed.

"Kidding. What was it again?"

Pico signed again. This type of communication is dangerous though. The cameras will catch this and decode this. For now, it's not that serious. Pico was just talking about his parents.

"I don't think you can meet him..." Keith said sadly. "They're dead."

Pico nodded, insisting they should go anyway.

"Really? Okay. I haven't visit him in a long time though, let's go!" Keith said, holding his hand as they make their way.