Fifteen

Please, please, don't forget to vote!

It was scary, watching the way Luca's behaviour and attitude towards Olivia changed drastically, taking a full one-eighty because suddenly he was a loving and supportive partner, wanting nothing but the best for Olivia and what he believed to be his child. He showered Olivia with care and almost constant attention, prepared to give her anything she asked for, except she never did. 

Olivia wasn't an idiot, she knew this sudden sprout of kindness was only temporary and would come to an end soon, the minute he knew the truth all hell would break loose and Olivia had to find a way out of here before any of that could happen. The maternal urge to protect this child with all her life was ever present, gnawing at her consciousness at every moment of the day, causing her to instinctively put a hand around her stomach whenever Luca or any of his men were around her and as weeks passed, she found herself becoming more and more submissive to Luca's demands, not wanting to do anything that might tip this highly unstable man over the edge. Although he seemed to care about this child, Olivia recalled a time where he cared about her deeply and well, look at how that ended. She wasn't going to take any risks, not with the little part of Elias she had still had, the only means of continuing his legacy. 

The bump had grown quite a bit, becoming a little more prominent and noticeable, and as Olivia stared at her bare stomach in the bathroom mirror, the condensation that rested on the glass from the shower she had just taken starting to fade off, she could see the many bruises that littered her body, scars that would never quite fade away. As here fingers traced over them she realized that she was ready to endure a thousand more of these bruises as long as it meant that her baby was safe but it also made her more aware of the urgent need for her to get out of here. Luca had kicked her stomach before, she's lucky nothing happened to the baby, but who knew if in a fit of rage he wouldn't do it again? Olivia didn't think she could survive if she lost the baby as well as everything else he had already taken care of her. 

"Olivia?" A soft knock on the bathroom door brought her out of her thoughts and she quickly wrapped a towel around her body, knowing Luca would probably barge in there soon. 

"Yes." She croaked back quietly, grip on the towel so tight it caused her fingers to whiten.

"Piccola, please hurry out of there, we have somewhere to be in two hours and we haven't got time. Your clothes are on the bed, get changed, Lorenzo will escort you to the car." Luca ordered through the door and after that she could hear him leaving the room, slamming the door closed behind him. She was surprised that he didn't barge right in and drag her out to get changed, but then again, nothing he ever did was consistent and Olivia knew it was only a matter of time until the real him popped out again.  

Olivia stared at the red sun dress that was placed neatly on her bed, it was beautiful and it had been quite a while since she had worn anything other than a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt which much to her dismay almost always belonged to Luca. The dress was even prettier on her body than it was on the bed, hugging her body and the roundness of her bump perfectly, making the little bump seem more, there. The dress felt itchy, she wanted to take it off, she hated the feeling of it on her body because she knew who gave it to her. She knew his repulsive hands had touched it, a callous grin on his face as he imagined what it would look like on her. 

 "Wow, " Luca breathed as he stood in the doorway, a hand reaching out to touch her but she flinched away. She bit her lip, waiting for Luca to react angrily but he never did. 

"You look beautiful." He said instead and Olivia feared that he was being genuine. She hated this side of him more than the part of him that hurt her and bruised her both physically and mentally. She didn't want this from him, she didn't want any of this, she wanted to be home, with her grandparent and Arie, she wanted Aaliyah and Elias hell, she even wanted Alexia.