Twenty Seven

"Olivia!" Alexia exclaimed as soon as Lorenzo opened the cell door, allowing the girls to reunite. Alexia held her friend tightly as Olivia suddenly rushed into her arms, sobbing, the bump making it slightly difficult for Alexia to hold her properly. "Hey what's wrong? Did he hurt you or the baby?" she asked, pulling away from Olivia to look her in the eyes. However, Olivia just shook her head, nothing really happened. In fact,in the weeks since she learned about her grandparent's deaths have been calm, leaving her with nothing to think about other than the fact that that she was now more or less alone in this world. 

She wasn't expecting to see Alexia again, at least not for a while, but when Lorenzo, who she had been ignoring just like everyone else in the house, knocked on her door and told her Luca was out for the day and asked if she wanted to see Alexia, she couldn't exactly say no no matter how angry she was at Lorenzo. As soon as she saw Alexia, the hormones as well as her pent up sadness just came rushing out at once. 

"They're dead Alexia, my grandma and grandpa, he killed them." Alexia didn't say anything, she soothed Olivia as she held her, maintaining eye contact with Lorenzo who standing by the door, avoiding her gaze. Alexia had already known this for while, before Lorenzo had even told her weeks ago. It was quite an obvious thing for Luca to do and unlike  Olivia, she never made the mistake of underestimating people's capabilities or how far they were willing to to go.

"Everyone I've ever loved is gone now. I literally only have you now and, and the baby." Olivia whispered, caressing her stomach gently while Alexia and Lorenzo shared a knowing look. Suddenly, Olivia gasped, sitting up right abruptly.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Alexia rushed out, panicked. Even Lorenzo had released his arms from their crossed position, getting up from his relaxed position against the opposite wall, taking a step towards her with outstretched arms, worry etched all over his arm. 

"The baby!" Olivia gasped, holding her hand against her stomach before laughing. "I can feel her moving-look!She kicked!" Sure enough, you could see small, alien-like movements of the fetus kicking against the muscular wall of Olivia's stomach.

"Oh my God." Alexia laughed, happy tears escaping her eyes, not at all resembling the tough, emotionless person she was more than a year ago. "Hello there little one. This is your Aunty Alexia speaking. I'm going to teach you to fight and to ki-"

"No, she'll be doing none of that." Olivia interrupted with a chuckle, Alexia rolled her eyes before going back to talking to Olivia's stomach, running a hand against it as the baby continued to kick. Olivia looked up just in time to catch Lorenzo watching them longingly and fondly, he turned away upon seeing her watch him, scowling as he looked aside.

"Lorenzo," Olivia called softly, her next words coming as a surprise to both her and Lorenzo."Would you like to feel?" 

At first he didn't say anything, simply stared at her before he eventually took careful steps towards her, kneeling down next to Alexia who, much to Olivia's surprise, smiled at him. Olivia didn't quite understand the way Alexia related to Lorenzo now, they were almost friends? Even though he, Matteo and Luca spent months torturing her down here? Then again, Olivia felt she wasn't one too judge, she was supposed to hate him as well after all. He was as much the reason for her misery as Matteo or Luca but for whatever reason, she found herself reluctantly preferring Lorenzo's company than being alone. Maybe it was because he enabled these visits to Alexia, or the fact that he always warned her when Luca was in a bad mood, or that he always checked up on her or simply that he hadn't told Luca about the baby not being his. Either way, Olivia knew that whatever it was, she still had to be weary. Lorenzo was in love with Luca after all, he'd still choose him over her any day, and he did once deeply resent her, that doesn't just change.